Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Ford
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Are they as good as this guy says? Anyone drive one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6kzlNaAw0
JRust
I haven't driven one or seen one in person. I believe the hype on it though. I'd love to have one of these for a daily driver. Not going to happen but that is one sweet ride.
yerpants
Are they even available here in the same form?
Andyrew
The Fiesta ST is a serious blast. I dont think you can possibly have any more fun for less money.

The focus ST is a bit bigger, more planted and just a hair quicker.

I am 100% sure the focus RS will be one of the best out there. Especially tuned as I know the mustang guys are making bonkers HP out of that engine..

The focus RS is going to become a supercar killer with only a small amount of mods.

If I was in the market for a new daily I would likely seriously consider it after I pleaded with the wife for a year...
wobbletop
Should be arriving in the US in a month or so. Have started deliveries in Europe already (they're made in Germany). Dealers are marking them up fairly high.
matthepcat
Cool concept. A little to boy racer for my taste now (sadly). I also think the interior is kinda ugly. Like Andrew said though, in the aftermarket it will be monster HP.
barefoot
New Road & Track issue fell all over themselves praising the Focus RS
EdwardBlume
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rhodyguy
Sounds like the Ecoboost engines are the future. Even makes the non sports car mustang a lighter weight tire smoker. Lots of other videos in the YouTube side menu.
wobbletop
The issue will be that the rear drivetrain is already maxed out so any additional HP will go to the front wheels.

IPB Image
Ferg
I have two buddies that have confirmed orders, one is supposedly the first for the Denver/Boulder area. I will report back as soon as I get a turn at the wheel. Deliveries are getting pushed back a bit, likely end of May.
colingreene
No want ford.
I drove a Fiesta ST was not impressed at all.
waldo
Click to view attachment My daily driver is a 2015 ST. I put a Cobb stage 1 tune in it and that upped the mid range grunt a ton. I spent a day at the Ridge Motorsports park in late February lapping in the rain. In the wet conditions I was able to give some high HP cars a run. These cars need a real limited slip dif. It is a wrestling match with the steering wheel every time I gas it.
waldo
Click to view attachment
r_towle
I don think anything could as good as that guy on YouTube says......
Ferg
My DD is a Fiesta ST as well. Still stock tune. 32 mpg real world driving. Enough power to get into trouble and acts more like a rwd car in the twisties all for much less than 20k. (Mine had 1200 miles on it).

16k miles in and my only compaint is not holding out for the Recaro seats. That and some of the interior plastics are a bit cheap. It is a Fiesta after all.

Over one year ownership is a record for me for a non classic car so I must like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.