Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check - NIB, Pair of Dellorto DRLA 48
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RoadGlue
Need a price check for a close friend that's thinking of selling his new-in-box kit of a pair of Dellorto 48 DRLA carburetors. Complete with Type 1 manifolds, filters, crossbar linkage. Never been run or mounted. New new new.

Any idea on what they're worth? Didn't see any on fleabay...

Thanks!

Yes, they may be for sale soon. ;-)
PotterPorsche
I'm interested at $700 that's the first price check.

RoadGlue
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Apr 12 2016, 09:15 PM) *

That seems lower than he'd expected, but thank you.

Since they're rare and probably nearly impossible to find new, I think he's expecting more in the $1500 - $2000 range, but doesn't know if that's realistic or not. Suppose it's all about demand, which is why we're doing the price check.
PotterPorsche
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 13 2016, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Apr 12 2016, 09:15 PM) *

That seems lower than he'd expected, but thank you.

Since they're rare and probably nearly impossible to find new, I think he's expecting more in the $1500 - $2000 range, but doesn't know if that's realistic or not. Suppose it's all about demand, which is why we're doing the price check.

Demand, you need a pretty stout motor to require a set of 48 dellortos, at that point your in competetion with 48 IDA. The vw racer will always pick 48IDA.

Never seen a set of 48 dellorto's go for that much.

I have a set of 48 dellortos I picked up for $600 last year. We put on one of my type 1 motors 2.3 liter , it didn't pull any harder than my 45 dellortos.

My brother was looking for a set. That is why I inquired.

48IDA on my ghia
IPB Image
castroe
I paid 1,200$ for a pair of NOS 48 tri-jet Dellortos 4-5 months ago, dyno-ed them on my 2161cc engine and made 158 hp flawlessly. I haven't had a chance to run them on the street, since I am saving to build a transmission but I expect care free driving.
type2man
$1200
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.