Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another seat question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
Looking at the ST seats for ~$900 each.
Or $250 for original material and another $700 for the labor (seems high, just started calling around)

So $2k for new seats, or $1k for recovered seats.
The extra $1k can be put to use on other stuff, but having the ST seats AND the original seats would be nice.

Leaning toward the STs but wanted to hear from you guys.

beerchug.gif
jor
I find the original, stock seats comfortable, so I'd save the money and recover. This is really a personal-taste decision, I think?
Larmo63
When you say ST seats, are you talking about Stefan's GTS seats?

I looked at them at the Phoenix Club event a month ago, and they are REALLY nice. They look very comfortable too.

I'd spend the extra dough.
mzapisek
I purchased the seats from Renegade Hybrids for 1K (touring model) without the logo and they are a very good product.
BK911
Yes the gts st seats.
Heard about the RH seats but didn't know they were so cheap.
So one vote for new, one for redo, and one for RH.
You guys aren't helping! smile.gif
Vysoc
If you purchased the new Hybrid seats you would receive new seats for the price of redoing your old 914 seats?
If it is a good product ...there is your answer?

Vysoc flag.gif
BK911
I just called them.
They said they recover the originals and can add bolsters.
When I asked about options and prices I was out on hold for 5 minutes, so I hung up.
I will follow up later but sounds like a good option, price dependant.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(BK911 @ Apr 13 2016, 02:19 PM) *

Looking at the ST seats for ~$900 each.
Or $250 for original material and another $700 for the labor (seems high, just started calling around)

So $2k for new seats, or $1k for recovered seats.
The extra $1k can be put to use on other stuff, but having the ST seats AND the original seats would be nice.

Leaning toward the STs but wanted to hear from you guys.

beerchug.gif

Recovered mine with great results. AA skins for both seats and the fire wall cover. Local trim shop charged me $650 labor to apply. Happy with results but I am a Purist. If you order from AA make sure they supply additional material to cover the bottom front of the seats. Seems their std package doesn't include this material. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Chris914n6
Out here it's $200-250 a seat to do raw cut material.

You can install prefabbed material yourself in a day while beer3.gif

914rubber does kits too, plus others.
BK911
Thanks guys.
I bought the material because I don't know if original chocolate basket weave will ever be available again.
Still may consider new seats though.
On PP the RH seats are listed at $600? But you have to supply the cores.
MoveQik
QUOTE(BK911 @ Apr 13 2016, 02:42 PM) *

That is what I did with a shop here locally to me. I also used a tweed insert as the stamped rubber that comes in a '75 is miserable in any weather warmer than about 65 degrees. Super supportive and comfortable but still retains the stock look, which I like.
mepstein
I will eventually have a pair of ST seats in my car. Leather. Super nice. Couple steps up from renegade seats.
BK911
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 14 2016, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(BK911 @ Apr 13 2016, 02:42 PM) *

That is what I did with a shop here locally to me. I also used a tweed insert as the stamped rubber that comes in a '75 is miserable in any weather warmer than about 65 degrees. Super supportive and comfortable but still retains the stock look, which I like.

Wow! Love the subtle improvement.
Matty900
Getting ready to redo the seats in my 72 1.7 with our seats covers. Mark (mikey914) tells me is not that hard, but I am going to try and get an expert to upholstery guy to help me and then put a video of it together to share.
Geezer914
Look at Corbeau Forza seats. I bought 2 in black microsuede for around $500 for the pair. Sold the old seats for $250.
Mark Henry
I wish I could buy just the one bottom cover

I'm 6' 1" with a long torso, I'd like to make a thinner seat bottom.
I take out the bottom out and lay a thin towel on the fiberglass. Just feels more comfortable.
ndfrigi
Paid $450 or maybe $400 on this pair from a local 914 owner that was reupholstered by a local shop in Downey, CA.

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
not exactly the same design with the original since this has more curve lines but it help air circulation specially for the back rest.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Not bad, but wrong vinyl for the center and bases. I would at least have the guy use the correct vinyl, regardless who does them.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 15 2016, 03:00 PM) *

I wish I could buy just the one bottom cover

I'm 6' 1" with a long torso, I'd like to make a thinner seat bottom.
I take out the bottom out and lay a thin towel on the fiberglass. Just feels more comfortable.

You can.
http://shop.914rubber.com/914-seat-base-Ea...Black-914SB.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.