Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Cosmetic trim question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twonicks001
After replacing all the shifter bushing and then realigning my linkage assembly (thanks to all who have gone before me on all these related issues) I noticed that my original vinyl/rubber shifter boot is kinda free floating at the base of the stick. I have had this car for 40+ years but I guess I never really looked at the boot before. I can't recall if it rides on top of the carpet or if it's tucked under it. I've looked at every interior teener photo I can find on line and it looks like the boot is tucked under the edges of the carpet.
When I try to do this, it just pops out when I move the shifter a bit. It seems like there is not enough vinyl/rubber to keep it under. I'm wondering if there was a little retainer ring at the top of the boot to hold it down or if the vinyl/rubber has swollen at the top over the years and is clinging to the stick thus pulling it up and out when I shift?
Though this is not an earth shattering problem, it is an annoyance (or an OCD issue) that I can't seem to just ignore. So, if any of you gurus know what's up here, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Larmo63
The base of the rubber boot stretches and grips onto the steel shifter base.
Twonicks001
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 13 2016, 04:29 PM) *

The base of the rubber boot stretches and grips onto the steel shifter base.

Thanks !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.