Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker panel fitment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
Click to view attachment

Both of mine curve inwards towards the rear wheels. When I look other 914's they seem to follow the lower body contour much more evenly?

(not a great pic but its all I have at the moment)
mepstein
Are yours steel or glass?

Great looking car btw.
saigon71
I don't see any jack posts on that car. I think that's why they curve in at the back.

On mine, the jack posts kind of hold the rocker out in the rear...giving it the contour of the body.

You may be able to rig up some type of spacer for the rear to push them out a bit. Perhaps a door sill triangle?
rjames
Mine were like that too when I got the car- rocker panels had never been removed by the previous owner. Without anything bracing them I think they're prone to curving in. Maybe from being bumped into when changing tires, who knows? On some trucks there are support structures for these types of areas.

Click to view attachment
boxsterfan
They almost look bent? Love the pic. I'm planning on a jack post delete myself.
falcor75
Thanks for the compliments guys.

As it sits now all the hardware is in place so the holes more or less line up, it jus looks a bit off. I'll try to post a better picture after work today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.