Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
I think I have all the tins reinstalled on engine (2.0) but ....

I have these two pieces sitting in box. Can't recall where they are from.

Thanks.

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
I don't recognize those, certainly not as engine tin pieces, although I could be thrown off by the size/glare of the picture.

Here's a pic of engine tins laid out (prior to cleaning and powder coating). The closest thing would be that little piece in the corner near the fuel pressure regulator.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Are those the warm air guides for late heat exchangers? Hard to make out the the visual details. What flavor of hes are on your car?
TheCabinetmaker
Those are the lower tins. One above the shift rod, and the other is above the clutch/Speedo cable. 75/76 models only.
rhodyguy
Sounds right. 75-76' versions of warm air guides.
infraredcalvin
I don't recognize those, those are not the warm air guides for 75-76, they look like this...
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
I googled 914 engine tins, and looked at the images, I came across this, it was listed as a 912 engine tin... I'm not sure if that's true, but they look the same as what you have.

Click to view attachment
Jonathan Livesay
Yup, 912, they go on top of the heads the oval cut outs are for the intake manifolds and the little notch in 1 is for the breather tube. If you didn't send them in with the other stuff then the powdercoater gave you someone else's parts. blink.gif
TheCabinetmaker
After looking again, they are not what I stated.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Apr 14 2016, 03:48 PM) *

Yup, 912, they go on top of the heads the oval cut outs are for the intake manifolds and the little notch in 1 is for the breather tube. If you didn't send them in with the other stuff then the powdercoater gave you someone else's parts. blink.gif

Thanks. It all makes sense now.

A while back I bought an extra set of 914 tins. When I sent stuff to powdercoater I used mostly the original parts from my car. At the same time, I grabbed one of everything and these 912 parts must have been in with the stuff I purchased.

Oh well, if anyone needs those two newly powder-coated pieces, let me know.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.