Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Boxster S 6speed tranny cradle mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
timothy_nd28
I screwed up by lack of my own due diligence. I'm doing a conversion build and bought this part from Renegade Hybrids, thinking it would stream line my project. I purchased a 2005 Boxster S 6 speed transmission, which apparently is not compatible with this mount. You will need a 2000-2004 Boxster S transmission for this mount to work.

Renegade charges 595.00 for this mount on their website, I'm looking to cover my losses at (sold thanks) plus shipping. The mount is very well made, powder coated, never used and should be a no brainer to install, granted you have the correct transmission. I'm looking to keep the brass looking rubber mounts, pretty sure I paid a extra 100 for those, which I can still reuse.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Here is a few pictures of this mount installed in 1stworks car
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
timothy_nd28
sale pending
timothy_nd28
Potential buyer went MIA, back on the market.

Will consider trade for Getty 911 dash biggrin.gif
Mblizzard
Hum... My wife just got a 2003 Boxster. Wonder if she would notice the swap?
timothy_nd28
I don't think Kim would mind, I say go for it! welder.gif
speed metal army
pm sent
speed metal army
Received! beerchug.gif
TonyKight
Hey a slightly different subject I am building a 914 with an LS four and a box to six speed transmission I think you posted on somebody's website that you knew where to get the adapter for this combination could you help me out I'm at a dead end thanks
timothy_nd28
Hi,
There is a guy in Texas that made me a complete kit for 1595.00. This kit included the adapter plate, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and a high torque starter. This is the good news. The bad: He demands payment upfront and will take his time to develop the kit (over 6 months). Toward the end, I was worried that he took my money and that I would never receive any product. Check the better business bureau, it had me very worried.

Nevertheless, Eric came through for me and he does quality work. I too have done research for this LS4 to Boxster S trans, and it seems that he is the only company that will do this. Best of luck

Tim

eric@kitcarchassis.com
partwerks
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ May 15 2016, 06:13 PM) *

Hi,
There is a guy in Texas that made me a complete kit for 1595.00. This kit included the adapter plate, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and a high torque starter. This is the good news. The bad: He demands payment upfront and will take his time to develop the kit (over 6 months). Toward the end, I was worried that he took my money and that I would never receive any product. Check the better business bureau, it had me very worried.

Nevertheless, Eric came through for me and he does quality work. I too have done research for this LS4 to Boxster S trans, and it seems that he is the only company that will do this. Best of luck

Tim

eric@kitcarchassis.com

That's where I got mine at too. It took a while to get it. I had wondered about it also. Problem was, he just never kept in contact making a person wonder. I got mine installed now. I also had him do the bolt pattern for a 6 speed, just in case I change my mind later on.
I had to modify the starter with an additional hole, so it could be rotated to miss the header pipe. To say it differently, I had to build up a small spot, to have a machinist tap an additional hole, and then on the other side to joggle them the same amount, as it turns together the same distance.
Rkp
Is this still for sale?
timothy_nd28
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.