Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The $7500 Rust Bucket - Blahhhhhhh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-/22202...em=222025819829

Beverly Hills Car Club has 4 914's listed on evilbay.. I couldn't get past the first one until I had to log out. Now the photos are there for the educated, but not for the new buyer. Their not hiding rust in the photos, but it's not so bad for the untrained eye. .......IMHO

"Excellent original car. Just came out of storage$7500"
I see so much rust I don't think it'll make the drive home if someone buys it.
caveat emptor

What do you think? I know George always pulls these listing to let the Club crowd list all the bad stuff on the listing...maybe it's not such a bad think if it helps newbies out. confused24.gif

Or the yellow one for $3800 av-943.gif
Or the orange one for $8500 (see the bottom)
Or the black one for $49,500 (possibly a little bent metal in it's past)
"Tons of rust and it looks like it was hit in the front on the passenger side. Maybe that's why it $40k, because it will need another $50k to fix it. " from another member
tygaboy
Wow - agree.gif
I'm getting ready to sell my rust free 914 project. Based on this, I think my price just went up...! lol-2.gif
ericoneal
Save some $$ and buy two at once..

Craigslist
Mike Bellis
I email him and told him the yellow car was only worth $500 and needed $40k in repairs.

No reply...
ssuperflyoldguy
Beverly Hills is a major flipper - Craigslist is your fiend - 914World is your good buddy but you have to wait until something pops - I'd be looking at CL every day.

Dang, just checked CL - I thought I'd have to sell my 914 to fund a 912 build, now I think it's the other way around - prices are goin' up. Going to have to gather up my pennies in order to find a decent 2.0 without flares before prices double again
Gearhead1432
I think this raises the question, "how much do you pay for a project car?"

I just checked NADA for a '72 1.7 and they list low retail (daily driver) at $10,750. So a project or parts car should be at least less than that if not a LOT less in the case of a parts car or roller.

-Rob
porschetub
well covered on here before and really its a repeat of a bad show,same bs and different car over and over and over sad.gif
EdwardBlume
It's insulting and disengenuous. Puts BHCC in the circle file.
Chris H.
The wheels on the yellow car are freshly painted. You don't think they look nice confused24.gif ?
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Gearhead1432 @ Apr 15 2016, 02:57 AM) *

I think this raises the question, "how much do you pay for a project car?"

I just checked NADA for a '72 1.7 and they list low retail (daily driver) at $10,750. So a project or parts car should be at least less than that if not a LOT less in the case of a parts car or roller.

-Rob

With my measly budget of $6K, this search is getting to be nearly impossible. I may regret not buying that 2.0L project car, but I know my wife was happy that I didn't bring it home.
JFG
I saw the bhcc cars and enqiured about 1 orange one. I had a question about the odd front wheel sitting further back in the arch than normal. They replied saying "may" have had a bump in the past. Asked for pictures of the suspension to see what was bent. Told me no. Didnt look at anything else they had.

Not overly impressed and wouldnt look at what they have in the future.
Chris H.
The orange car is extremely rusted underneath. You can see the suspension mount in the front trunk (drivers side) is pulling away from the pan. Looks very dangerous IMO. Parts car only.
SirAndy
Wow, just wow ...
WTF.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 16 2016, 12:43 AM) *

It's insulting and disengenuous. Puts BHCC in the circle file.

true Rob,but when I'am bored I go on the site for a laugh biggrin.gif ,most often used is "only needs cosmetic restoration" you can see the rust popping out !!!!!.
wndsnd

"We invest a lot of time to locate automobiles around the nation which are in pristine condition, of paramount quality, and which are of the most sought after models. In addition, the automobiles we restore ourselves are done with high quality materials and professional care."

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.