Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help me find a '71 momo steering wheel adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Guys, and Gals,

I still haven't had any bites on the classified site for a momo steering wheel hub adapter for a '71 914. Can any of you all help a poor soul out?

If you do I promise I'll post pictures of the "alien" induced seats that will be done next week for the 3.2 beast.
azbill
Poor Soul

You will most likely find what you need here http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/momo.html

Good luck
buck toenges
The problem I have been told is that the wheel hub is no longer produced for the 70-71 914. They have them for 72-76 914. Something to do with the turn signal mechanics of the 70-71 needs to have a "longer" hub adapter to get the turn signals and the horn to work. The other option and I don't know if it will work but is to get a 72-76 turn signal stuff and put it on my 71.
Buck
Type 4
Contact Mesa Performance the may have one collecting dust on the shelf 949-642-8824.
buck toenges
Mesa performance doesn't have one. Anybody else out there got an idea? sad.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (buck toenges @ Mar 30 2005, 01:48 PM)
Anybody else out there got an idea?

if you can find a Personal early adapter, you can use one of the quick-release hubs to connect between the adapter and the wheel. that's exactly what i'm doing on my early 911 -- i have all the proper flavors of hubs and adapters, but the Momo hub is (IMO) too long so i fasten the Personal hub/adapter to the shaft, and the Momo wheel to the QD.

all the current crop of QD's go both ways - it's just a matter of finding a Personal hub. they come up from time to time. GPR, maybe. they might have a Momo too - couldn't hurt to ask...
Hydra
smilie_pokal.gif I HAVE ONE!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif (used of course)
was mounted on my '70 when i bought it, with a MOMO James Stewart LE steering wheel.
i'll send you pics as soon as possible.
PM me for details
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.