Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970/6 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
p65356sc
I would love to know what you folks think of this...........Seems to be the wrong wheels ......but nice huH... A new VIN for your 914/6 collection 9140431744

eBay Motors > Passenger Vehicles > Porsche > 914 4539675298

Here's a link to ebay item #4539675298
Porsche Rescue
Those are Mahle mag wheels. Proper optional wheel on 914-6. Lightest wheel of all the Porsche alloys. Rare and worth more money than Fuchs.
p65356sc
That's interesting. When I bought my Irish Green 914/6 in 1970, which I am still trying to hunt down to buy back, they did not offer them to me as an option here at Pray Porsche in CT.
Good feedback
Thanks
Ross
Porsche Rescue
Car looks like a fairly decent unmolested six. Owner seems most proud of the engine (not a minor thing). The big question is "how much rust?". Certainly a $15000 car if rust is minor. Rear bumper is not correct which usually means it had some body work in the rear at some point. Not a big deal (my six has an incorrect bumper as well).
Wonder about paint/repaint quality. Not absolutely sure but it looks like the wire harness in the front trunk has been painted. If so, not a sign of a quality repaint. Sport muffler, no rear valance (stock original very hard to find, if you care), aftermarket front valance, cracked dash, better than decent interior overall. I like originality so foot rest, tools, etc. are a plus.
Mahle spare tells you wheels are likely original to the car. More wheel trivia: Steel with hubcaps were standard. Only factory options were Mahles (5.5x15) and Fuchs (5.5x14). Some argue that 15" Fuchs were available, but if so, probably not from the factory but as a dealer installed option using 911 wheels. Of course in those days you could special order almost anything for additional money.
davep
Yeah, looks like a repaint. Front lid springs are white, and VIN on inner fender is painted over. May be original color, but need more info.
Motor Meister motor is not the best sign, but again, who knows.
Andy
Why does it have a third tailpipe?
Mueller
QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 30 2005, 02:41 PM)

easy !!!

single one off to the side is for street,

the dual pipes are for track

custom made unit.....and yes, caps have to be installed on the pipes not being used
MarkV
link
Rand
I love that exhaust reroute... always wanted to make a cable-operated flapper valve with a lever in the cabin so you could open it up to a loud pipe and razz it hard, then switch it over to a street muffled exhaust and drive easy while watching for the cops to show up.
biggrin.gif
SP9146
For one thing whoever repainted the front trunk was either going for a color keyed look or didn't bother masking off the main harness cover. That would have taken all of about 10 minutes to do. So we can assume at least one previous owner didn't take good care of the car or had really bad taste.

With short cuts like this and I'm guessing the engine re-build you're looking at needing to spend $15K at least to make the car worth $25K and that's assuming no serious rust. Current bid of $10K is about right.

The one in Seattle for $14K looks like a better car.
skline
Regardless of what any of you say, I think the car is well worth the money he is asking for it. You guys tear it apart only because you are jealous. I would buy the car if I had the money. I am almost sure any of you would. The only drawback in my opinion is he didnt go with a bigger motor. A little clean up and some minor modifications, that would be a great collectors item. Probably worth more with the original engine but I just like lots of power.
jd74914
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 30 2005, 02:58 PM)
Regardless of what any of you say, I think the car is well worth the money he is asking for it.I would buy the car if I had the money. I am almost sure any of you would.

agree.gif If I had the money it would be in my garage.
markb
QUOTE (RandyLok @ Mar 30 2005, 02:22 PM)
I love that exhaust reroute... always wanted to make a cable-operated flapper valve with a lever in the cabin so you could open it up to a loud pipe and razz it hard, then switch it over to a street muffled exhaust and drive easy while watching for the cops to show up.
biggrin.gif

IIRC, they used to call that setup "lake pipes". Drove a 66 Shelby Mustang with them once. biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 30 2005, 03:58 PM)
Regardless of what any of you say, I think the car is well worth the money he is asking for it.  You guys tear it apart only because you are jealous. I would buy the car if I had the money. I am almost sure any of you would. The only drawback in my opinion is he didnt go with a bigger motor. A little clean up and some minor modifications, that would be a great collectors item. Probably worth more with the original engine but I just like lots of power.

I wouldn't touch it for the buy it now price. One reason...

Motor Meister rebuild
Joe Bob
MM...runaway....guy prolly realized how badly he got hosed and wants out.... spank.gif
SLITS
Rebuilt dual tipple throat Weber carbs (originals).........They must be rare "tipple" throats....

Bullet-CNC pistons 9.5:1 compression.....Do they throw lead?

Gustl
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 30 2005, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 30 2005, 02:41 PM)

easy !!!

single one off to the side is for street,

the dual pipes are for track

custom made unit.....and yes, caps have to be installed on the pipes not being used

are you sure that this is custom made?
the seller says "factory rallye muffler"
and I do know, that there was a factory thing, looking like this

at least in Germany they needed this to meet law
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.