Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: window glass adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
I replaced all the rubber on targa top and the rubber where targa top meets windshield frame.

I got how to adjust triangle window but for the life of me can not get the window glass adjusted both up and in(towards cabin

yes i know i know...... attached are a couple of pics

thanks
Renee

Click to view attachment
iankarr
There are several adjustment points. The Haynes manual has a pretty good write up. Basically, to get the glass closer to the top, you'll need to adjust the angle of the window channel between the triangle window and the main pane. Remove interior panel. There's a large bolt at the bottom of the channel which allows you to pull the window closer (away from the top) or further (towards the top). The rear track is adjusted with two bolts under the door. Small adjustments tend to make big differences so go slowly. Also a good idea to use a sharpie to mark where the bolts are now so you have a baseline.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Apr 16 2016, 03:39 PM) *

There are several adjustment points. The Haynes manual has a pretty good write up. Basically, to get the glass closer to the top, you'll need to adjust the angle of the window channel between the triangle window and the main pane. Remove interior panel. There's a large bolt at the bottom of the channel which allows you to pull the window closer (away from the top) or further (towards the top). The rear track is adjusted with two bolts under the door. Small adjustments tend to make big differences so go slowly. Also a good idea to use a sharpie to mark where the bolts are now so you have a baseline.

thanks
Darren C
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Apr 16 2016, 11:41 PM) *

QUOTE(cuddyk @ Apr 16 2016, 03:39 PM) *

thanks

NO!

Don’t touch the front quarterlight runner unless you’ve had it apart this has NOTHING to do with how high the glass rolls up.

From your photos the quarterlight and runner look a good fit to your A Pillar and looks like it seals ok. Leave it alone otherwise you’ll be in a big mess..

Pop off the door card.

You have two adjustments marked A & B in photo.

IPB Image

The lifter works in a scissor action.
Moving the scissor “apart” without winding the lever will slightly lower the glass and visa versa if you move the scissor “together” it will raise the glass.
That’s bolt “A”

Bolt “B” is an end stop for the mechanism. This allows you to wind further or less. You can set this so the glass winds right up into the rubber cap on top of the quarterlight runner to give maximum lift and then back off a tiny bit so it rests on bolt B as a stop, to take pressure off the rubber end cap on the runner and glass.

Adjusting any of the runners front and back, only pushes the glass in or out from the car, forwards or back. From the pictures you posted it seems all you need is a little more lift as the glass top edge shows parallel with your roof seal and also parallel up the rear sail/roll bar seal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.