Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uhh-Ohh….
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Cairo94507
Larmo - That looks very nice. Big improvement over the typical roof.
Larmo63
I go to my local smallish hardware store to get a new can of 3M 90 spray adhesive, and there is a can of this:

Click to view attachment

I couldn't believe it!

(Btw, I did glue it straight to the top. We'll see how long it lasts.)
ndfrigi
beautiful sir Lawrence! Hope to see ur car this saturday!
Coondog
I like it..... smile.gif
euro911
Interesting mod, Lawrence, I like it. I painted the interior of my tan summer top with silver paint
Larmo63
These are real euro signals lit up. I think I'd like to use them as daytime running lights and be able to control them on their own, with a dedicated switch.

Click to view attachment
Blue6
That headliner looks great. I'll probably steal that idea.... first.gif
914Timo
The headliner looks super good !! Very nice !! wub.gif aktion035.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(914Timo @ Nov 2 2017, 10:01 AM) *

agree.gif

I really like it...on YOUR car!

lol-2.gif
Larmo63
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Nov 2 2017, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(914Timo @ Nov 2 2017, 10:01 AM) *

agree.gif

I really like it...on YOUR car!

lol-2.gif

I forgot you are a Concours Weenie. shades.gif
JmuRiz
Cool headliner, I'm sure it really brightens up the interior and gives it a rest-of-Porsche model range look.

I was (probably still am) going to do ultra suede in grey.
Larmo63
I went up to Bob Ashlock's today to work on my gauges that weren't functioning, so much better to have them working now.

He has a really clean Tangerine '68 912 too. Lots of Porsche BS going back and forth.

Click to view attachment
porschetub
Has Bob still got his pristine 911T ?he sent me a pic ,really sharp looking car biggrin.gif .
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 10 2017, 06:17 PM) *

I went up to Bob Ashlock's today to work on my gauges that weren't functioning, so much better to have them working now.

He has a really clean Tangerine '68 912 too. Lots of Porsche BS going back and forth.

Click to view attachment

Nice Pic and nice garage. Like "My Garage My Rules" sign. Gauges are always good!
white914.jpg
Larmo63
He only has the 912 now. He really liked my 914 with the six in it.

Super cool guy.

doesn't the 914 look wide compared to the 912?
Larmo63
Does anybody have experience with 914 Restoration Design rocker covers? Do they fit well?
IronHillRestorations
Everything I've ever gotten from RD recently, and years ago has been very good.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 29 2017, 03:52 PM) *

Does anybody have experience with 914 Restoration Design rocker covers? Do they fit well?

Maybe you should have kept the ones from the G&R Swap meet.

lol-2.gif
76-914
If your going to order a set LMK. We can double up and split the shipping cost. beerchug.gif
Larmo63
License plate lights seem pretty straight forward, why will mine only work when I squeeze them tight to the bumper pad? Something is wrong, I get that, but they don't ground only when they are screwed in, do they? They each have power wires and ground wires. Weirdness.
Larmo63
I mean, shouldn't they just work when not screwed into the bumper?
Dave_Darling
They should, but... Sounds like the ground wire has come adrift somewhere. Unplug one and check the resistance to the battery ground.

--DD
Larmo63
Backdating a '73.........running an early sharp corner rear bumper I picked last weekend. I got a really nice front too, both came with pretty good top rubbers.

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 2 2017, 03:07 PM) *

Backdating a '73.........running an early sharp corner rear bumper I picked last weekend. I got a really nice front too, with pretty good top rubbers.

Click to view attachment

Nice Bumper!
white914.jpg
raynekat
Never thought a black 914 could look good....but yours looks great!
76-914
Nice bumper but those tailpipes stick out like pee shooters. Want to borrow a pipe cutter? beerchug.gif
Larmo63
The mark to the right of the license plate is a reflection. I found these locally by chance.

The front one is the one with the squarish holes not stamped out. They look like they came from the factory that way.

Larmo63
No dash lights all of a sudden. Where do I start looking? They are all out.
76-914
IIRC, fuse 7 or 8 is the dash lights. Also, see if the reostat spring on the back of your light switch is still intact. beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 5 2017, 09:25 PM) *

No dash lights all of a sudden. Where do I start looking? They are all out.

Fuse?
Larmo63
Fuses look good.
Lucky9146
It is fuse 7 just verified on my car. You didn't accidentally rotate the light switch to off did ya? biggrin.gif
white914.jpg
Dave_Darling
Come on, you know that the fuses "look" good even when they're popped. Check them for real.

--DD
Coondog
You need to install a J-West fuse box in that beast....... first.gif Gregs top ten 10 mods under 100 dollars.
Larmo63
I fiddled with it, then got called in for dinner. I'm not even hungry when I want to work on my toy.

More on this tomorrow. I'll look closer at the fuses.
Larmo63
That's so weird, I looked closer at the fuses, lo and behold, #7 was popped. I traced it back to wonky wires in the license plate light wiring that was a bit brittle and was shorting out. Now the dash lights and both license plate lights work.

I'm glad I figured that out. KMA.gif
euro911
I had an issue on the '71 several years ago, the engine would intermittently cut out and it was driving me crazy. Ended up being a fuse on the relay board - broken right at the end where the metal transitions to the end cup form that inserts into one of the holder tangs.

Only found the problem by removing the fuse from the holder to clean the tangs ... looks are deceiving.
Coondog
Just Do It............ poke.gif
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 6 2017, 02:39 PM) *

... lo and behold, #7 was popped....

Toldja. I really don't want to try counting the number of popped 914 fuses I have found only when I have removed the fuse from the panel...

--DD
Larmo63
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 7 2017, 01:02 PM) *

Toldja. I really don't want to try counting the number of popped 914 fuses I have found only when I have removed the fuse from the panel...

--DD

Yup, you were right. I owe you one...... beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 7 2017, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 7 2017, 01:02 PM) *

--DD

Yup, you were right. I owe you one...... beerchug.gif

Ahem?
Larmo63
Mea culpa. I always seem to make electrical issues into something bigger (and scarier) in my empty head.

Practical and pragmatic investigation proved that the issue was cracked license plate wires to which I put new ends on cleanly stripped wire with new shrink tube.

You guys were right...........
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 7 2017, 08:49 PM) *

Mea culpa. I always seem to make electrical issues into something bigger (and scarier) in my empty head.

Practical and pragmatic investigation proved that the issue was cracked license plate wires to which I put new ends on cleanly stripped wire with new shrink tube.

45 year old cars....
76-914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 7 2017, 05:49 PM) *

I always seem to make electrical issues into something bigger (and scarier) in my empty head.
This is exactly why you shouldn't do the JWest fuse box. av-943.gif Search "license plate lights" and you'll find your not alone. Those chicken shit little bastards have bitten a lot of peeps in the ass.
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 8 2017, 02:49 PM) *

I wouldn't worry about we have all done the same @ one stage or another,my electrical skills are somewhat lacking,however it go's I generally get there. biggrin.gif .
There seems to be 2 camps on the J-West board.....what gives confused24.gif .
mepstein
QUOTE(porschetub @ Dec 8 2017, 03:58 PM) *

I wouldn't worry about we have all done the same @ one stage or another,my electrical skills are somewhat lacking,however it go's I generally get there. biggrin.gif .

I think people buy it to try to solve a problem. Got to fix problems first.
Larmo63
I had my car up at Richard's shop in San Clemente. It's nice to get a real 911 expert to look your build over and tune the car. He re-jetted the carbs, re-torqued the heads and adjusted the valves.

It runs so much better, it was lean all around. He also caught a few loose bolts here and there, gave it the once over.

driving.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(porschetub @ Dec 8 2017, 12:58 PM) *

My take on why people "like" the JWest fuse panel....mainly for the modern blade fuses.

I didn't like the way the wires were directed into the JWest fuse panel.
Seemed like you had to bend the wires 180 degrees on one side, so that could with time stress those wires out and give you big electrical headaches down the road.

I simply cleaned up my factory fuse panel, installed all new fuses and enjoyed the way the wiring all connected to panel without any crazy 180 degree bends like one side of the JWest panel had.
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 14 2017, 03:34 PM) *

I had my car up at Richard's shop in San Clemente. It's nice to get a real 911 expert to look your build over and tune the car. He re-jetted the carbs, re-torqued the heads and adjusted the valves.

It runs so much better, it was lean all around. He also caught a few loose bolts here and there, gave it the once over.

driving.gif

first.gif Always nice to have a third party go over your build.
Larmo63
I just took a nice drive down the coast through Camp Pendleton....car is running right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.