Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with engine number?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
vwguy
Greetings,
I'm looking at a 1974 2.0
Trying to find out if it has original engine?
Vin. 4742901536
Engine ga007746
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Tom_T
If the current owner/seller has a Porsche "Certificate of Authenticity" (COA), then it's will be on there.

If not, then you can try to call the PCNA 800# for Customer service div. for the COAs, explain that you're looking to buy it but want to verify that it's a "real 2.0", & give them the info & ask if they can confirm it. You may need to tell them that you'll order a COA if/when you buy it for your own records (they can't sell a non-owner one anyway).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
davep
The engine #'s bounce around a lot, however I think the engine could be original.
vwguy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 18 2016, 06:53 PM) *

If the current owner/seller has a Porsche "Certificate of Authenticity" (COA), then it's will be on there.

If not, then you can try to call the PCNA 800# for Customer service div. for the COAs, explain that you're looking to buy it but want to verify that it's a "real 2.0", & give them the info & ask if they can confirm it. You may need to tell them that you'll order a COA if/when you buy it for your own records (they can't sell a non-owner one anyway).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Hey thanks so much for your input!
I'm really hoping to score an original 2.0. Air cooled Vw s all my life and always wanted a 914. Thanks again. Kurt beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.