Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 Limited Edition Cam Am $25,000 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
curtmon03
1974 914 Limited Edition Can Am package. 1 of an estimated 268 that survived from the original 1000. I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche showing what it is. 125,000 miles, engine was rebuilt to stock several years ago and got new German cylinders. The car has some rust but the floor boards are nearly rust free. The hell hole is in tact as well as where the throttle and clutch cable go through the bulk head. It is not perfect but it is the fastest 914 I have ever driven and I currently own 5. It drives and shifts perfectly. I own Auto Doctor Inc in Merriam, KS (please google me and see my reviews, I ship cars all over the country to buyers sight unseen and they have always been pleased, I have a reputation to uphold and I will never risk that by misrepresenting a car). I truly dont know what this car is worth, if anyone has any links to ones that sold recently please send them to me or give me some advice on what you think its worth. I've installed a new battery tray since the pictures and repaired all the oil leaks (hopefully, only put 60 miles on it and havent rechecked it for leaks yet. I have to detail the car so I can get better pictures but I figured I'd start out here and see what happens. It has front and rear sway bars as well as bilstein shocks from the factory. It has been repainted and could use another paint job although it still looks good but has a few bubbles under the paint. Clean/clear title. I am taking offers on it. Call or text me anytime 913-484-0215. GO to the photobucket link for more pictures. Clean/clear title $25,000 or best offer

NEW UNDERSIDE PICS: http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/kcautodr...02gpqc.jpg.html

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/kcautodr...ed%20%20Edition

http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914LE.htm

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
A price is required.
curtmon03
Sorry I did not know. $25,000 or best offer
JeffBowlsby
Seller sent me this, wanted to post it for him.
pete000
NICE !
87m491
Ditto here for sure. But for my 2 cents, about 70% of a value of a car like this is worth, for me to buy for myself, is what I see and observe, the other 30% is the history/records. There seems to be little to no history so it would not be an "all the money LE car" and probably not an all the money 914/4 either. At least for me.

QUOTE(curtmon03 @ Apr 17 2016, 10:17 AM) *

1974 914 Limited Edition Can Am package. 1 of an estimated 268 that survived .I truly dont know what this car is worth, ...

mein_tag
You need better pictures of the rust. It looks like it's missing a chunk, and a repaired floor... I am curious what's hiding...
curtmon03
I am not trying to hide anything, I was just bored over the weekend so I decided to post it on here just to see what responses I get. I thought I had all the pics I had on my computer but found more on my Google Photos and downloaded and uploaded to google. The only rust that seems to be through the metal is behind both rear jack points and under the drivers seat. Please check out the new pictures. I will detail the car and get proper pics of the interior and all exterior panels as well.

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/kcautodr...02gpqc.jpg.html

kkid
It looks like your car will shift better with the shift coupler bushing(s). We can see it since the cover is off.
curtmon03
QUOTE(kkid @ May 2 2016, 03:26 PM) *

It looks like your car will shift better with the shift coupler bushing(s). We can see it since the cover is off.

we have already replaced them.
curtmon03
This car is going on eBay tonight....
Frankvw
Ebay Number 231940232291
A nice car! Too bad price is so high to start the restauration with.
would love to have one !
87m491
Restore? Drive it now. As the seller states "I truly dont know what this car is worth", I suspect Ebay will bring some clarity to that just as the sellers last 914 auction did...
Looks to have some recent updates like SS brake lines. Is that a dash cap?

"
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 10 2016, 09:09 PM) *

Ebay Number 231940232291
A nice car! Too bad price is so high to start the restauration with.
would love to have one !
Frankvw
The other car of curtmon03 is for sale as well again on ebay.
Number 231940371946, the blue one that was also discussed before.
This one .... drive it now ? Yes...for sure. And in the coming winter tackle some of the jobs to do.

iwanta914-6
sda4property@gmail.com
Did you get it sold...$25K is a fair price for a clean car.
Restorations go for twice that. Let us all know when it sells.
Good luck sir.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(sda4property@gmail.com @ May 31 2016, 04:34 PM) *

Did you get it sold...$25K is a fair price for a clean car.
Restorations go for twice that. Let us all know when it sells.
Good luck sir.

It sold for a few $$$ over $20k.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Porsche-914-/...=p2047675.l2557
sda4property@gmail.com
They got a deal. Nice clean car.
siverson
Nice car, but it is going to require $$$$ rust repairs...

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.