Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Porsche 914 1.7L Gemini Blue $3,000 LOWERED PRICE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
curtmon03
Admin please delete
mein_tag
scam....
curtmon03
It please delete
mepstein
The former owner - scotty boy - is a scammer. Too bad the current owner is getting lumped in with him.
curtmon03
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2016, 07:04 PM) *

The former owner - scotty boy - is a scammer. Too bad the current owner is getting lumped in with him.

I'm not sure if someone else has tried to scam people with pics of this car but the owner I purchased it from was not a scammer. The car was represented exactly how he said it was and I sent him the full purchase price sight unseen and the car is exactly how he represented it... and he also installed the brakes on it to make it a roller so i could have it towed and I offered to pay him to do so and he refused the money. He was a very honest man. Maybe he purchased it from this "scotty boy" or something but I believe this is all a mistake.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mein_tag @ Apr 19 2016, 02:06 PM) *
scam....

WTF.gif

Seriously people, if you accuse someone of scamming others, at least come up with something (anything!) to back up that claim ...
dry.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 19 2016, 07:16 PM) *

Give it a rest Mark. Curtis bought this car from me a few months ago. He owns it now and decided to sell this and the LE. If anyone is seriously interested in buying the car I will be happy to answer your questions. Curtis is the real deal.

How bad is the hell hole?
era vulgaris
QUOTE(curtmon03 @ Apr 19 2016, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2016, 07:04 PM) *

I'm not sure if someone else has tried to scam people with pics of this car but the owner I purchased it from was not a scammer. The car was represented exactly how he said it was and I sent him the full purchase price sight unseen and the car is exactly how he represented it... and he also installed the brakes on it to make it a roller so i could have it towed and I offered to pay him to do so and he refused the money. He was a very honest man. Maybe he purchased it from this "scotty boy" or something but I believe this is all a mistake.

Scotty Boy is the same Esses62 that you purchased it from on ebay. You got lucky. The car I bought from him sight unseen was a rust bucket on the verge of folding in half. It had a leaking master cylinder, bigger tires on the front than on the rear, holes in the floor I could put my hand through, a mess of a djet system that needed to be completely rebuilt, a claimed $10k paint job that was actually more like a quicky $500 Maaco job, etc etc. He told me the car was rust free and in excellent condition.

This is your car's old for sale thread here. It was originally being parted out, then sold as a roller. If you paid $4k for it on ebay, you could've gotten it for $2500 on craigslist. Not sure if you got all the parts that were supposed to come with it.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=271592&hl=

He has a habit of going back through threads he's posted and deleting things he's said to cover his tracks. That's how I missed all the info about rust the first time I looked through this thread on my old car. You have to read the comments from people who quoted him to see what he deleted from his posts.
His original thread on the car I bought from him. A great read on the nature of Scott's character if you have a few minutes to read it all.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=206267&hl=
Some info on what I had to do to get that car into a halfway useable state.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=233517&hl=
2mAn
I did a search on him here and it looks like this car was originally a part-out / roller. Im kind of skeptical also. Im trying to find a decent roller for the $2500 or under price and they all seem to need hell hole repair. Id rather have other places to deal with then the hell hole, because when the hell hole needs attention there is defintely more places that need love. His photobucket pics seems to confirm this.

shame, because like the current seller I really want a gemini or alaska blue 914
curtmon03
Lowered price, now asking $3,000.
curtmon03
This car will be on ebay tonight....
boxsterfan
QUOTE(curtmon03 @ Apr 29 2016, 08:59 AM) *

This car will be on ebay tonight....

*delete - foudn the pics
Korijo914
I will take it for $3K. If anyone will buy everything I have including the Olympic Blue '73 roller. Comes with all my engine parts side shift trans, factory rebuilt Koni reds, front & rears, rears have ajustable coil-overs. Carbs are Solex PII 40's. I think I have all the FI parts.

Anyone interested? I need to buy this roller! Its for my son!

Thanks,
korijo
914outlaw
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ May 6 2016, 08:27 PM) *

I will take it for $3K. If anyone will buy everything I have including the Olympic Blue '73 roller. Comes with all my engine parts side shift trans, factory rebuilt Koni reds, front & rears, rears have ajustable coil-overs. Carbs are Solex PII 40's. I think I have all the FI parts.

Anyone interested? I need to buy this roller! Its for my son!

Thanks,
korijo

It was listed on ebay
Looks like it sold
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231928324946?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.