Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dizzy question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
Ok so I've been looking at the Compufire DIS-IX and leaning towards it. For $200 bucks it seems like you really can't go wrong with it. Then I got to thinking what about a Mallory with a good box... Or perhaps an MSD.

My question is which MSD works for the Type 4 motor? Which Mallory?

I've got a friend that is working on a crankfire system but it's going to be awhile. He has 3 Tug diesels to rebuild and atleast 5 generators ahead of me. He's gonna do it for free but I gotta wait... He is also an MSD warehouse distributor so my prices for anything I get MSD are gonna be real low.

Thanks!
Mike D. beerchug.gif
GWN7
Most use the Mallory #4554101
lapuwali
I can't remember any of the numbers. A Unilite Mallory w/o a vacuum can with the Bosch drive dog. Get the advance spring kit and install the grey/grey springs.

Honestly, with a Unilite, you can skip the MSD box, unless you gotta have the rev limiter.

Teknon
Yeah, If it's for carbs it's the 4554101 H and you need to get the grey springs for it. RAT has them already made up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.