Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: licktrically challenged soul in need
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
Hey all,
Hate to trouble you, but I need a no brainer diagram. I'm so either too stupid or blind, I haven't figured out which one is the bottleneck. I can't hook up all the colored little wires to the right places, on the climate control unit.

I hooked it up once and the door bell rang. laugh.gif
Doug Leggins
Here ya go.

The solid brown on the top of the slider asm connects to the solid brown coming from the main harness. The brown with white stripe from the main harness connects to the bottom of the slider asm.

I think that the haynes manual is wrong on the wht/y, wht/grn wiring. The haynes manual has them -from closest to the dash face as wht/grn, wht/y, wht. I have seen 3 of these and all were from closest to the dash asm first - wht/y, wht/grn, wht. like in this pic.

unfortunately, none of the 3 that I've seen have been functional...but maybe soon one will be operational. I don't think that all 3 that i have seen have all been wired incorrectly. So...I think that the haynes manual is wrong.

Anyone else?
Joe Ricard
It wouldn't really matter which order the white wires are hooked up in because it would just cause the motor to run at a different speed Like low, high medium or medium low high.

Do you got the 12v lead going from fuse #9 up through the fire wall and snaking back behind the vent assembly housing? It goes to pin #1 on the 4 pin connector.
Steve Thacker
Thanks Doug and Joe!!!!! I dig visuals. If I can't hook this thing up now I need to find a different hobby. I'm hoping that once this is all hooked up. Hope the fan blower in the engine bay also springs back to life. I hooked up a jumper wire to it and it ran great. When things don't work as designed due to a operator headspace problem, it drives me flip'in nuts. screwy.gif

I have got to get myself a really big magnifying glass to read the wiring diagrams in the books. The problem is for me, yea they show you where it goes, but if there are multiple connections I can't tell what wires goes where. You should have seen me trying to figure out the taillights after the car was painted. I bet I used every curse word in the english language that day. I have got to knuckle down and learn how to read wiring schematics, if I plan to keep this car on the road until I get a dirt bed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.