Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
hi guys,
I dropped my motor to do some preventative maintenance, and have been cleaning 32 years of oil from the motor and tranny...I found the oil pressure sensor to be leaking and ordered a new one...there was a good bit of oil under the motor, I dont know if the oil was from the oil pressure sensor, or from the oil cooler...there was some oil residue from the bottom corner of the cooler near the jug. Is ther any way to test the oil cooler...thinking about putting oil cooler seals in as a minimum...thanks
Joe flag.gif
Bleyseng
Atleast put new oil cooler seals in! Yes, you can take the oil cooler in to have it tested and cleaned or install a new one if its really junked up from old oil varnish. It can't do the job right if its crappy inside.
I havent had too much luck trying to clean it myself as I want it spotlessly clean.

Geoff wink.gif
Type 4
You can buy one of these to test your cooler. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
Bleyseng
Normally they don't leak but oil coolers can get all kinds of shit stuck in them.....if its questionable buy a new one and run cooler.

Geoff smilie_pokal.gif
tat2dphreak
when I installed my engine I had 2 oil coolers, I soaked both of them in paint thinner, and pumped a can of carb cleaner through each... then tested the pressure with air... one worked great, one was still kinda plugged... but you can clean them out pretty good like this... if you want... but in retrospct, I probably should have just bit the bullet and paid the $150 (or what ever it was) and got a new cooler...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.