Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "74 bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
danger
Hi, new here, I am sure this has been covered somewhere, but how do you take off the bumpers on a '74? Thanks
somd914
QUOTE(danger @ Apr 19 2016, 08:20 PM) *

Hi, new here, I am sure this has been covered somewhere, but how do you take off the bumpers on a '74? Thanks

For the front, inside the wheel wells you will see two bolts in each wheel well. Take them out and off comes the bumper. I find turning the wheels to gain more clearance helps.

Very similar on the rear - you will see two bolts on each side above the valence in each wheel well.
EdwardBlume
It helps to start it with your long 13MM socket and then hold up the bumper and turn the screws by hand. Have an assistant help hold it up so it doesn't come off on you...
9fourteen14

i found the bumper tops was what i had a question.
search for my post i posted a few bumper top pictures.
and how to take them off..

should be enough for you. what are you gonna do with them?

good luck

BTW: I also have a 74 2.0 djet all original
danger
QUOTE(somd914 @ Apr 19 2016, 05:26 PM) *

For the front, inside the wheel wells you will see two bolts in each wheel well. Take them out and off comes the bumper. I find turning the wheels to gain more clearance helps.

Very similar on the rear - you will see two bolts on each side above the valence in each wheel well.

Have done that with the front so far, but it seems to be still firmly in place, I thought maybe there were more connections. Maybe there is a little rust holding in place or??
danger
QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Apr 19 2016, 08:04 PM) *

i found the bumper tops was what i had a question.
search for my post i posted a few bumper top pictures.
and how to take them off..

should be enough for you. what are you gonna do with them?

good luck

BTW: I also have a 74 2.0 djet all original

....Going to get the car painted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.