Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are these OEM ball joints
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Gentlemen,
I purchased these ball joints for my 914. The ad stated they were OEM and I not only emailed for confirmation but called and talked to the seller to verify they were OEM and not Chinese junk. He stated they were OEM and would be exactly the same parts I would get from Porsche. He said said they were made in either Germany or another European country nearby. The writing on the boxes appear to be German. I got the two for Chinese prices ($72) for two. The sellers have sold 1000's of parts with good ratings. Could I have found a legitimate good deal? Thanks Brett
Gearup
Click to view attachment
914fahrer
Hello,
I don t think that this are OEM Ball joint s .They look different .
I only trust this brand:

Click to view attachment

Ralf
Tom_T
agree.gif .... Lemforder

While those may be a real German part, my guess is possibly just some creative label making!

If you only paid the Chinese, URO or other cheap aftermarket part price - then no real loss to you, as you can resell them as such - but I wouldn't waste my time & money putting them on my 914 if I were you! JMHO! shades.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 20 2016, 11:12 AM) *
If you only paid the Chinese, URO or other cheap aftermarket part price

agree.gif

That looks like someone just printed a generic "German" looking label and glued it on the box.
confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.