Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me choose a new muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
The Triad I have sounds cool, but I want something quieter for the /6.
rhodyguy
Pretty sure Jeff Hines has some 6 mufflers. They are still in western Washington.
AZ914
I had a Triad on my /6 and it was just too loud for my needs (street car). I picked up a simple Dansk with single outlet/chrome slide-on tip from GPR. Nothing fancy but it works well and sounds like a Porsche.
MikeM
Totally agree with the above post. Triad was too loud. Found a NOS banana muffler and now it's just right.
Mike
mb911
I have made hundreds of mufflers in fact 1000s of them a la when I owned m&k exhaust.. I have considered making a stainless version of the stock banana muffler as now I want quiet and just hear the fan noise.. All depends on what folks want..
Racer
I've always liked the this style http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/spo...er-911rs-914-6/

I like the slight thoaty-ness, although there can be some drone at highway speeds.

but if bone street use car, stock is also nice.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 20 2016, 07:03 AM) *

Pretty sure Jeff Hines has some 6 mufflers. They are still in western Washington.

Nope, I think I sold one to Mark and I need the others.. icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.