Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ArRGHH The trip to Road Atlanta that wasnt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
Well we were going down to Road Atlanta for the PCA club race..... and had the car on the dyno trying to tune out a few issues, and coax a few extra HP out of the beast...

we already know our dyno numbers start to go away when we cant control wheel slip...which starts at about 579 RWHP

and we had a "problem" on the dyno...something let go.... smash.gif smash.gif
We got the engine out of the car today.. and will do an autopsy tomorrow, and rebuild it if we can... and still make the race...

URY914
$$$$$ ohmy.gif

Sorry to hear that...

Paul sad.gif
TimT
Thanks Paul,

Road Atlanta was supposed be "the track" for this car I was so looking forward to this

I dont think we had more than 1.0bar boost when it grenaded
Series9
Dude, I'm really sorry to hear about your engine.

When you said 579 RWHP, all I heard in my head was 1.21 gigawatts!

That's a lot of HP to try to keep strapped down.
d914
ok we need pics of this monster!!
TimT
Its just frustrating.... this is the second "dyno time failure" we have had in a week...

We wonder if its something we are doing...its really starting to upset me. we have fans all over the car.. all critical temps OK....the previous car was a 996 Supercup car water cooled twin turbo. #4 bearing let go, which is odd..

and now our car...we wont know the actual failure until tomorrow. looks like a valve

#$%)*&
VegasRacer
That really sucks Tim.
I hope you get the problem figured out before they drop the green flag.
ChrisFoley
Misery loves company. icon8.gif
Sorry to hear it Tim!
TimT
LOL I hear ya loud and clear Chris!!!
TimT
ok we need pics of this monster!!

here ya go!!

I know it not a 914, but this BBS beats all those others.. I feel comfy here LOL

redshift
Sheepdip!

sad.gif

M
Root_Werks
I hope you get your car sorted before the green flag drops as well! Looks like a monster! cool.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 31 2005, 07:47 AM)
I hope you get your car sorted before the green flag drops as well! Looks like a monster! cool.gif

Haven't you seen the in-car vids from this thing?

Chirp & burble thru a corner (not slow, either), get it pointed in the general direction of the straight , pull the trigger & everyone else stands still w00t.gif ....repeat as necessary.
Aaron Cox
i think its time for more 935 videos!!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
TimT
Back by popular demand!

Lime Rock shakedown run

Roebling Road Race

I think I poster the Roebling road video before, not sure.
J P Stein
Make that chirp, burble, fart,& pop. laugh.gif
Gint
Sorry Tim sad.gif
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for the vids! WHOA!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.