Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
Seen this on news this am, Porsche experience,Located in Carson,ca shouldn't be long now!! About 15 minutes from home smile.gif Click to view attachment
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 21 2016, 06:44 AM) *

Seen this on news this am, Porsche experience,Located in Carson,ca shouldn't be long now!! About 15 minutes from home smile.gif Click to view attachment

Sweet, Wish I was back in CA for this one aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume
I thought the Porsche experience was a bank being emptied when you bought one... av-943.gif

Just kidding. Looks cool. I wonder if the local PCA groups will get to run events there....
7TPorsh
They are packing so much into that space...somehow it looks small to me.

obscurity
I did the one here in Atlanta and can say that while it is fairly small it could not be much more fun
Elliot Cannon
That used to be a golf facility years ago. There was a statue easily seen from the freeway that was holding a golf club. I think it was a 3 wood. biggrin.gif Now he holds a checkered flag. I was glad to see they kept the statue that has been a landmark off the freeway for years.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 21 2016, 10:04 AM) *

That used to be a golf facility years ago. There was a statue easily seen from the freeway that was holding a golf club. I think it was a 3 wood. biggrin.gif Now he holds a checkered flag. I was glad to see they kept the statue that has been a landmark off the freeway for years.

agree.gif

Yes, it was a 9-hole on about 36 acres, & both it & the 187 acres site adjacent to the east/southeast are on top of old landfill (trash dump) sites.

I did some work on the 187 acre one for the Bank/owner back in the `80's, so I assume they've done some hazmat tests & remediation + some special foundations to "float" over the trash layers - which were 30-80' deep on our side.

It's also across the 405 from the Goodyear Blimp airfield - yet another landfill site, as the entire area has many oi them filling in the old marshlands in the south bay area.

The facility should be excellent & about the same size in buildings & track/skidpad/etc. area & acreage as the one in Atlanta - except without the PCNA HQ building.

IIRC it's due to open later this year or early 2017.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
bandjoey
And not to be outdone... Ferrari World.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/20/ferrari...america-report/

av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Maltese Falcon
It wasn't hard to snap this pic while in traffic (July 2014), you're only going 4 or 5 mph on the 405 smile.gif Click to view attachment
914Next
QUOTE(obscurity @ Apr 21 2016, 11:42 AM) *

I did the one here in Atlanta and can say that while it is fairly small it could not be much more fun

Agree.... a bit like being on a go cart track. You can't imagine that it could be so much fun but you are going all out and taking the car to the limits in the space allowed. Worth the $ spent.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Nov 16 2016, 09:56 AM) *

It wasn't hard to snap this pic while in traffic (July 2014), you're only going 4 or 5 mph on the 405 smile.gif Click to view attachment

So, business as usual right? av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.