Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New battery , still won't start!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gunn1
The fricking car won't start! Even put a new battery in it!Click to view attachment
malcolm2
he should stick a wire in that tiny hole on top of the post and connect it to the hold down bolt.... I thought everyone knew that.
iwanta914-6
good humor!
914Sixer
Broken ignition switch.
toolguy
I bought a vintage Honda 175 scrambler 4 years ago that had a 'charging issue'. . .
The owner had installed a new battery and it wouldn't hold a charge, even after using a battery charger. . It was a new Yausa OEM battery. . got a great deal as the guys said the alternator was bad. .
Took it home, Charged the new battery and it didn't seems to register right on the charger meter. . .Left it all all night. . the guy was right. . didn't hold a charge. . I checked the specific gravity and got a drop on my finger, and it looked too clear and didn't sting. . I tasted it and no taste. . .

Apparently the guy bought the battery mail order and it came dry. . and he filled it with. . . Wait. . Here goes. . water. . . drained it out, added acid and had a good running bike with a new battery. .
Gunn1
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 21 2016, 08:49 PM) *

I bought a vintage Honda 175 scrambler 4 years ago that had a 'charging issue'. . .
The owner had installed a new battery and it wouldn't hold a charge, even after using a battery charger. . It was a new Yausa OEM battery. . got a great deal as the guys said the alternator was bad. .
Took it home, Charged the new battery and it didn't seems to register right on the charger meter. . .Left it all all night. . the guy was right. . didn't hold a charge. . I checked the specific gravity and got a drop on my finger, and it looked too clear and didn't sting. . I tasted it and no taste. . .

Apparently the guy bought the battery mail order and it came dry. . and he filled it with. . . Wait. . Here goes. . water. . . drained it out, added acid and had a good running bike with a new battery. .

Now, that's a great story and shows that persistence pays off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.