Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Peashooter
Click to view attachment

I have a beautiful, fully restored -6 for sale. Bare metal, rotisserie resto. There was no structural rust to repair on this car, just a couple minor issues which were corrected. Chassis stiffening kit added along with factory flares bought back in the early 80's, front and rear factory sway bar mounts. The tub was then media blasted, doors and hoods dipped.
I built the car as an M471 optioned car with flared front valence and rocker panels. The workmanship and paint are superb, done by Classic Auto Restoration Service in Cleves, Ohio. All hardware was blasted and replated or replaced.
Interior restored(Auto International), instruments restored at N. Hollywood Instruments.
Engine is a freshly rebuilt 2.7 liter six. New euro p/c's, Solex cams, Weber carbs, large port "S" heads with PMO matched manifolds. Machine work by Ollie's. Stock heat exchangers with sport muffler.
Side shift transmission rebuilt, new syncros. New clutch.
Rebuilt suspension with stock parts and Koni shocks, turbo tie rods. Brake calipers by PMB, new brake lines and m/c. 15"x8" Fuchs.
The car is like new and runs well. The signal orange is the original color per the COA I have from Porsche. I just bought another Porsche project and only have room for one at a time! PM me with any questions!
$71,000 in SW Ohio
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
boxsterfan
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
johnhora
Bill...

Looks Very Nice....Great work!

What size tires are you running on the 15x8 Fuchs and are you using any spacers.

Thanks...John
6freak
WOW SUPER NICE CAR
iwanta914-6
But I only have $6K to spend sad.gif

Beautiful car!!!
pete000
OMG ! that is Nice !

Too cheap IMHO !

Put it on Bring a Trailer and it will sell in an hour !
two914-6s
looks great
Very clean! Good luck with your sale.
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Apr 21 2016, 02:05 PM) *

But I only have $6K to spend sad.gif

Beautiful car!!!

Better start collecting cans.
Peashooter
QUOTE(johnhora @ Apr 21 2016, 04:19 PM) *

Bill...

Looks Very Nice....Great work!

What size tires are you running on the 15x8 Fuchs and are you using any spacers.

Thanks...John

Running 205's and 225's. BF Goodrich TA Radials Not using any spacers.
turk22
So close...and yet, so far away.... bye1.gif

absolutely beautiful! beerchug.gif
Van914
This is an outstanding car. The level of for and finish is excellent. Bill did a great job on this car. Pete, yes too cheap!
Someone is going to be very happy.
stevesc_us
QUOTE(Van914 @ Apr 22 2016, 02:21 AM) *

This is an outstanding car. The level of for and finish is excellent. Bill did a great job on this car. Pete, yes too cheap!

Really nice build! What's the VIN? Although not stated, I assume "factory" flares means steel and not FG?
stevesc_us
Also would be great to see pics of the engine bay and under carriage. Do you by chance have the factory rear valance that is just not installed because of the sport muffler?
QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Apr 23 2016, 06:10 AM) *

Really nice build! What's the VIN? Although not stated, I assume "factory" flares means steel and not FG?

Why would you want to know the VIN for? Does it really matter other than its a fantastic looking resto?
Mueller
QUOTE(396 @ Apr 23 2016, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Apr 23 2016, 06:10 AM) *

Why would you want to know the VIN for? Does it really matter other than its a fantastic looking resto?

Verify a real /6 and not a very good clone?
toolguy
It's a real Six. . see the Karman number in the center of the trunk
Cairo94507
That is a beautiful Six and priced low IMO for the quality you see there. My 2nd Six was Signal Orange - great color. GLWTS
Peashooter
Thanks guys for the props! It is a very nice car and you have to see the paint in person to realize just how well it was done.
If you look at my sig line, the vin # is there. It is a real six.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Under side shot isn't too good but it gives you an idea at last!
Bill
stevesc_us
Very nice! Did you replace the perforated VIN sticker in the door jam since it was taken down to bare metal? Same for the paint code metal tag by the driver's side door hinge? Do you have close up pics of these two areas?

Do you still have the rear valence that is current not installed because of the sport muffler?

Steel flares?

Love the color!
QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Apr 24 2016, 07:19 AM) *

Very nice! Did you replace the perforated VIN sticker in the door jam since it was taken down to bare metal? Same for the paint code metal tag by the driver's side door hinge? Do you have close up pics of these two areas?

Do you still have the rear valence that is current not installed because of the sport muffler?

Steel flares?

Love the color!

A few good questions. Aa for the vin tag, you can order a new replacement from one of the members here...they finally replicate an excellent replacement. As to the flares, for that amount of resto efforts, I doubt they are fiberglass.

This is an outstanding resto.....oh I have no interest other than expressing my views of this great example.
Peashooter
The paint code tag is the original, the VIN sticker is a replacement from a 914W vendor. Factory steel flares that were sourced by the PO many years ago.
914world2014
I might have missed it. Does this have matching #s engine, trans. Thanks
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(914world2014 @ Apr 25 2016, 08:42 PM) *

I might have missed it. Does this have matching #s engine, trans. Thanks

Correction-the questions are as followed:
Are both parts (original engine and original trans) still existing and
are both parts with the car or were those lost in the past? idea.gif
Currently there is a 2.7 ltr. engine and a side shifter trans in use.
Peashooter
The original engine was not with the car when the PO bought it in the early eighties. I have the original trans. It is currently apart, but it is all there. I have not been able to trace the original engine. I have a 914-6 engine, but it is not correct for this car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.