Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bonus tour at PNW workparty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
After unloading the 356 for Jurgen (did I spell your name right?), we got to tour his neighbors collection (at least part of it). The guy loves to talk and the stories are fun. I'll post the photos separately to make it easier to add comments
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

This is John. He was a doctor and a real car nut.
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
JRust
Cool collection there. Hell I don't know what half of them are & they are still cool. I can appreciate anyone with a collection of older cars. No matter the make or model. I can especially appreciate someone who cares for them. They aren't sitting outside & don't have a 1" of sit all over everything. Thats the kind of guy I want to buy a car from smile.gif
Daiberl
John has a nice collection, he bought all of them probably 40 or more years ago and with nearly 90 is still working on them every day. Allard J2, Allard K2, OSCA, Lotus, MGs, Singer Roadrace car, ..., and he also once owned a Ferrari F335-S which he sold in 1999. He raced a few of them and is still very active in the scene. Always great to talk to him, he has tons of stories to tell!
aircooledtechguy
Each time I run into a guy like that with stories from the hay-days of racing, I always have the same thought. It would be fantastic to sit down over beers with a camera recording and listen to the stories pour forth and record them for posterity. It's the little anecdotes from years ago as they just happened to cross paths with other famous racers of that era and the stories they have. . . Amazing to hear them. It would have been a great time to be the age I am now (or younger). biggrin.gif

That's a pretty cool neighbor!! beerchug.gif
billh1963
The Lotus with the Coventry Climax engine is awesome!
jor
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 22 2016, 10:51 AM) *

Looks like an XI to me; amazing how low it looks next to that Europa. Europas are pretty darn small.
6freak
Mr.Vic Elford was the porsche driver i was trying to think off Billy

Back to the show! that little robin egg blue car with the NHRA funny car roll bar JGT 322 holds some land speed record at the salt flats its a motorcycle engine hahahah and the old man was behind the wheel like nate said the storys from the old guys are great..Thanks for sharing the pictures billy
MikeC

fav was the 66 Mustang V8 fastback factory 4 spend full guages...
Daiberl
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 22 2016, 10:51 AM) *

It's a Lotus IX
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.