Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Elbows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
As I gather parts to go back to FI, got these from Injector elbows from Pelican. They just don't look correct to me. The 90 degree bend is fine, but the short end doesn't look like it has enough length to go over either the injector end or the fuel rail and still have enough room to get the clamp on without digging into the rubber of the elbow.

I have some on order from Tangerine, but he was out and I thought I'd get these from Pelican in the meantime. Almost $13 each at Pelican.

Opinions on if these will work. They don't look like it to me.
Shadowfax
I ordered two from Pelican last year until Tangerine got more in stock. The Pelican elbows fit well and work fine. The only difference I could see is that the Tangerine elbows seem to be much better quality and the outside diameter of the hose is larger.
This is in no way meant to denigrate Pelican because I've always had good experiences with them, but Chris at Tangerine went above and beyond how most retailers operate. Great products and even better service.
Rob-O
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Apr 22 2016, 05:48 AM) *

I ordered two from Pelican last year until Tangerine got more in stock. The Pelican elbows fit well and work fine. The only difference I could see is that the Tangerine elbows seem to be much better quality and the outside diameter of the hose is larger.
This is in no way meant to denigrate Pelican because I've always had good experiences with them, but Chris at Tangerine went above and beyond how most retailers operate. Great products and even better service.

Thanks for the reply. Next question. Does the short end attach to the injector or the rail? Didn't know if the short end would fit on the injector and still leave room for the injector plug to fit onto the injector.
Shadowfax
I remember mine being a little more symmetrical but I think the short end attaches to the rail. Also now that I think of it, I also recall reusing the old clamps on the Pelican elbows because the ones supplies by Tangerine didn't tighten sufficiently (probably because of the smaller OD of the Pelican elbow). Of course when I got the Tangerine elbows the new clamps fit perfectly.
JPA914
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Apr 22 2016, 09:05 AM) *

I remember mine being a little more symmetrical but I think the short end attaches to the rail. Also now that I think of it, I also recall reusing the old clamps on the Pelican elbows because the ones supplies by Tangerine didn't tighten sufficiently (probably because of the smaller OD of the Pelican elbow). Of course when I got the Tangerine elbows the new clamps fit perfectly.

I just did this, and I attached the short end to the injector. This way, the rail sits a bit higher, but closer to the engine. As far as fitment of the rail, this was the way to go for mine. YMMV of course.
Amphicar770
Just did mine. Yes, short side on injector.

Took mine to local hydraulic hose shop. They crimped all 4 for $20. Far more secure than hose clamps.

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 22 2016, 09:57 AM) *

Just did mine. Yes, short side on injector.

Took mine to local hydraulic hose shop. They crimped all 4 for $20. Far more secure than hose clamps.

Click to view attachment

I saw your thread a few days back. I like the crimp job, looks good and should definitely be secure.

I'll stick to the clamps since I have them. In the future if I need to pull an injector (or all of them) for some reason I'll go the crimp route.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.