Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: w00t
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben1440
so this may not be a big deal to many but it is to me. i finally got my engine block split which has been the death of me for the last week or so. all this means is i can now clean it but sometime in the future it will get the make over it deserves. ahhhhh beer.gif
ben1440
nutter
ben1440
nutter
ben1440
i mean......
ben1440
and
ben1440
finally
mattillac
your adventure has just started... wavey.gif
McMark
Yay! clap.gif congrats!
skline
Is that a 1.8? Looks like it spent some time with some water in the case, I bet it was hard to get apart. Rust on the camshaft means the water was deep. Good luck with it. Make it run again, it a thrill you cant replace.
ben1440
yea, its a 1.8. i am planning on replacing most of everything except for the crankshaft so hopefull i will cure anything that may have been damaged by water
redshift
Did you take those pics with an Apple? They aren't coming thru...

laugh.gif

Good deal... by the way.

smile.gif

M
SpecialK
Congrats on your progress!! smilie_pokal.gif

Here's a tip...bag and tag all of your nuts, bolts, and misc. small parts while it's still fresh in your mind, cause if you thought it was a bitch taking apart, wait until you go to put it back together and the hardware is AWOL..... headbang.gif (yeah, I saw that pedal cluster sitting there mingling with your engine parts) cool_shades.gif

You'll be glad you did come reassembly time!
Steve Thacker
Congrats you kicked it's ass in the first round smilie_pokal.gif
If it isn't hard, it isn't worth messing with.

Ditto on the bag and tag everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.