Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade 2017 Announcement July 6 -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The dates have not been announced, but the 2017 Porsche Parade will be in Spokane, WA
6freak
biggrin.gif cant remember the last time Parade was in WA ,,thinking mid to late 80`s

jim_hoyland
Last PP in Seattle was 1975 and 2006 for Portland, OR
See you there ?
PanelBilly
I'm going to need some help knowing what to sign up for. I understand activities are "sold out" in a few hours
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 22 2016, 07:50 PM) *

I'm going to need some help knowing what to sign up for. I understand activities are "sold out" in a few hours

They didn't sell out very fast at the Monterey PP, and that was one big PP. you might consider volunteering for 1 or 2 events you want to attend; saves $$ and you are in.
I volunteered to help Eric Shea for the tour to Big Sur and to Canapa Design, had a great time and didn't cost - plus, got a free lunch at both. Something to consider...
MrKona
According to the Spokane Convention Center website, the dates are July 6th-16th.

Website link
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 22 2016, 11:07 PM) *

They didn't sell out very fast at the Monterey PP, and that was one big PP. you might consider volunteering for 1 or 2 events you want to attend; saves $$ and you are in.
I volunteered to help Eric Shea for the tour to Big Sur and to Canapa Design, had a great time and didn't cost - plus, got a free lunch at both. Something to consider...

Ahuh... dry.gif

All I wanted to do for years was compete in the Parade Autocross. It was "sold out" within an our or so after registration opened. I know because I tried staying up to register the first day after midnight. screwy.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 22 2016, 11:31 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 22 2016, 11:07 PM) *

Ahuh... dry.gif

All I wanted to do for years was compete in the Parade Autocross. It was "sold out" within an our or so after registration opened. I know because I tried staying up to register the first day after midnight. screwy.gif

Your right; the auto cross was a fast sell out. I went up to watch and was surprised how many entries showed.
EdwardBlume
Spokane? Where is that? av-943.gif
Manny Alban
What Parade did the autocross sell out? Normally the tours are the only thing that sells out. There's a board in Hospitality where people sell their spots for events.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Apr 23 2016, 10:05 AM) *

What Parade did the autocross sell out? Normally the tours are the only thing that sells out. There's a board in Hospitality where people sell their spots for events.

Monterey 2015
sixnotfour
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 22 2016, 05:38 PM) *

Last PP in Seattle was 1975 and 2006 for Portland, OR
See you there ?

It was also in Portland in 1980..I went to both 80 and 06
piscean914
here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCuM0cJoCBc

wow, the music is interesting - kind of reminds me of the musical scene at the end of revenge of the nerds - hope that 80's music didn't just make it to spokane

never been to a parade - maybe this year, as i'm pretty close by in seattle

brad

p.s. - found the revenge of the nerds scene - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tz_iFOCzSU
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 23 2016, 06:58 AM) *

Spokane? Where is that? av-943.gif

Idaho.
stevegm
Has anybody been able to confirm the Porsche Parade dates - July 6th-16th?

We are pulling event dates together for the 914 calendar.
jim_hoyland
It's posted on the PCA site...
stevegm
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 12 2016, 01:25 PM) *

Thanks. I couldn't find it.
rhodyguy
You should be able to source a room in Ritzville.
rgalla9146
Drove to the '75 Parade in SeaTac.....from New Jersey in a 1959 356 Sunroof Coupe with my brother...and sister....and another sister with her boyfriend who were in a 1969 911T coupe. Another brother drove his '64 356 there too with his girlfriend.
Three in a 356 for 5600 miles. Has to be some kind of record.
We all still get along.
Would be a bunch more comfortable in a 914 6.....with my wife.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 12 2016, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 12 2016, 01:25 PM) *

Thanks. I couldn't find it.

See : http://www.conventioncalendar.com/Spokane/...Convention-7145
jeffdon
This isn't the same as Rennsport, is it?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 12 2016, 07:42 PM) *

This isn't the same as Rennsport, is it?

Definitely not the same; but parts of it are interesting and there are tours. The PP at Monterey was really good and drew one of the largest group of Porsches and enthusiasts. The tour to Big Sur and Canapa were excellent too.
My favorite event was the all-day concours on the lawn, the variety of cars was like being at the Porsche Museum.

I'm planning on going; but its not Rennsport, gotta wait until 2018 for that smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.