Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what brand rim is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Tried doing a search but didn't find anything on this rim. Anyone have any idea what brand rim this is? I would pull it off the car, but has wheel locks and I don't have the correct lock key for it. dry.gif Any tips on how to removed a wheel lock?
SLITS
Go to a FLAPS and see if they have an assortment of wheel lock keys (or call around to see).

Otherwise, vise grips or a hammer and chisel.
Jeff Hail
Its a Western Wheel Bullet
Mike Bellis
Buy a sacrificial socket or 4 and hammer it on the lug. Should work to take it off.
bandjoey
Soak it in PB Blaster for Aa couple of days. Hammer on a socket and it should unscrew
914bub
A deep 12 point socket will work better than a 6 point
sb914
Sounds like you guys might of stolen my rims back in 80s
bigkensteele
Grind off the chrome and weld a nut onto it.
914bub
Forgot to mention, pull the other three lug nuts first, might take some of the tension off.
GaroldShaffer
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif party.gif

I didn't want to ruin any of my better sockets so I thought I would pick up a cheap one or two at my FLAPS. I found this instead. For $10 I thought I would give it a try. To my surprise I had all 4 wheel locks removed in like 2 minutes. blink.gif That was a first, things never go that easy for me.

Thanks for all the input guys. beer.gif
pilothyer
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Apr 23 2016, 09:43 AM) *

Its a Western Wheel Bullet

agree.gif I had a set on my first 1970 many years back
r_towle
I have a set here, and was hoping there are a cover for the center somewhere....just cause they look different.
pilothyer
I found this old picture of mine.......can't tell much about the center caps but I have seen them on evilbay. I even had the MAGUARD locks on biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 23 2016, 06:35 PM) *

I have a set here, and was hoping there are a cover for the center somewhere....just cause they look different.

I have the center caps for them. I will post a picture of them tomorrow.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 23 2016, 06:35 PM) *

Finally got around to getting the picture with the center cap on the rim.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.