Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Polygraphite or rubber for new front A arm bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Gents,
I will be re assembling my front rebuilt suspension and am trying to decide on whether I am going to use a Polygraphite bushing or Weltmiester Rubber ones. I was told by one guru to stick with the rubber for ride purposes. It is going to be a V8 weekend driver and I don't plan on putting on much mileage on the car during the year (i.e. Not much wear). Any input is appreciated. Note: if I use the Polygraphite my mechanic says he can set them up so they can be easily lubricated. Thanks for any input.
Gearup
QUOTE(Gearup @ Apr 23 2016, 01:22 PM) *

Gents,
I will be re assembling my front rebuilt suspension and am trying to decide on whether I am going to use a Polygraphite bushing or Weltmiester Rubber ones. I was told by one guru to stick with the rubber for ride purposes. It is going to be a V8 weekend driver and I don't plan on putting on much mileage on the car during the year (i.e. Not much wear). Any input is appreciated. Note: if I use the Polygraphite my mechanic says he can set them up so they can be easily lubricated. Thanks for any input.

Bump
pete000
I recomend Elephant Racing rubber bushings. Expensive, but worth it...IMHO!
jack20
agree.gif
Gearup
QUOTE(jack20 @ Apr 23 2016, 09:22 PM) *

agree.gif

Thanks guys. I thought Weltmiester is a well known and quality brand. Is it worth the extra $$ for the rubber Elephant racing ones. So not all rubber in these bushings are the same:)?
tomeric914
QUOTE(Gearup @ Apr 24 2016, 10:51 AM) *

Thanks guys. I thought Weltmiester is a well known and quality brand. Is it worth the extra $$ for the rubber Elephant racing ones. So not all rubber in these bushings are the same:)?

Elephant Racing makes great stuff which is well worth the money. Their rear swingarm bushing kit is expensive but well worth the price. Their front bushings are great too BUT your bushing retainers will likely not be perfectly round and you'll need to get Elephant's Low Friction Control Arm Mounts. Add that all up and you would be further ahead with Rebel Racing's RSR kit which includes everything you should need.

http://rebelracingproducts.com/914products.html

A word of caution. The RSR kit requires some time and meticulousness to get it right but you'll be rewarded with amazingly smooth control arm movement! I thought I had more pictures of it in my build thread but apparently not.

My experience with Weltmeister products has been less than stellar in recent years. It seems that their quality has gone in the toilet. They aren't the company they once used to be.
Bulldog9
NFN, but I would look at the Rebel Racing Bushings. I'm running them front and rear and my NVH and ride is great, comparable with my E36 M3. I went with them because I diddnt trust my ability to align the rubber bushings properly and diddnt have a press, and the local shop was going to charge $250 labor to setup my front A arm bushings. I still had to supply the bushings (elephant) so at that cost I started considering the alternatives and did it all myself. I was nervous about it producing a harsh feeling, but is not the case at all. VERY happy with these. **The guy who did my alignment was very impressed with the ride quality and responsiveness of the suspension.

http://rebelracingproducts.com/914products.html
Gearup
Thank you
Larmo63
One more vote for the Elephant rubber bushings. You can buy the set without the tools and enough people here have them to borrow. I set mine up using the angle finder on my iPhone. It worked perfectly, you just follow the directions in their on-line how-to video. Go watch it, even if you aren't buying their product, it will familiarize you witht the process. I am very happy with the rubber.

I also highly recommend Rebel Racing products too, as I have their coil-over kit on Bilsteins on the rear of my car.
veekry9
+4
smile.gif
/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.