Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Another shameless guitar plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Thats right..... just another shameless guitar plug..... I know we have more than a few guitarists on this site.

I FINALLY (after 17 years) found the Ibanez RBM that I've wanted since I was 12 years old. The guy I bought it from on ebay allowed me to buy it early.... for $450.00.

Its worth over $1000 beerchug.gif He didn't know what he had.

Nevertheless...... I bought it, and left immediately for England to visit my buddy, and after $10.00 packs of cigs, $8.00 gallons of gas, $50.00 meals at Fridays, and $150.00 a night hotels in the ghetto..... I really depleted my savings.

This thing was $1400.00 new..... it was Ibanez' top-of-the-line "Prestige" model.... with all the "fixins" (mohogany body, quilted bubinga top, etc). I've got a lot of people watching it, but no one is bidding yet. I'm hoping for some snipers, but I figure a little extra advertisement cant hurt.

Even if you're an old guy biggrin.gif and stuck on Gibson and Fender... you've got to appreciate this Ibanez... take a look.

Thanks!!

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
mike_the_man
Thats pretty! Can't afford it though.
tat2dphreak
Ibanez makes a quality guitar... I have one of their acoustics, to go with my gibson acoustic and Charvel Electric... very nice find dude!

smilie_pokal.gif

I am holding out for a Gibson SG or Les Paul for my next ax though
redshift
I want an Artwood Twin!

Ibanez? New ones, dunno bout it.. but the ones of that era are very cool, and I used to say that with an endorsement. smile.gif I used RG 4XX guitars, and broke every replacement neck they had in the states. All the maple, then all the rosewood.

Nice lookin! Bubinga needs a use, that's a good one.

M
ninefourteener
Thanks!!

I really love this guitar;..... and I swore I would never sell it when I bought it.

But...... like I said..... I found the Koa RBM that I've wanted since I was 12...... I couldn't believe it when the guy accepted my offer. I've been watching the RBMs go for 2 or 3 years.

The CHEAPEST, most beat up, scratched, non-working, ugly-painted RBMs are going for $700-$800. The nicer ones are going for nearly $2000 (the Reb Beach signed models).

Plus..... there's usually only one RBM that goes up for sale per month.... worldwide..... sometimes none at all. They are REALLY tough to find.

Then I picked this baby up for a whopping $450.00 beerchug.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 31 2005, 07:43 AM)
but the ones of that era are very cool, and I used to say that with an endorsement. smile.gif

Hey..... did you used to work for Ibanez??

I've played Ibanez since I was 12 years old... I play their electrics exclusively..... and I swear by them smile.gif

Got any cool promotional stuff from Ibanez??? Like guitar picks, T-shirts, posters, etc?????
redshift
Nope. I gave the repaired remnants of the last pink one to a friend a couple years back.

I used to be in a band sponsored by Miller Geniuine Draft, I got a string endorsement (Ernie Ball), and 3 RG 450s. I would rasp the backs of the neck down another 1/8th inch, and scalloped the fingerboards, very deeply. The necks had a habit of breaking on either side of the luthier's joint.

I can still play an RG faster than any other guitar... very slack tension, and super low action. I use a .010 set now, then I used an .008 set. I mostly play acoustic though, and that's a .012 set, so I can smear any .010 set from the high E, all the way off the bass side, starting at about the 5th fret.

-heavy lifting-

M
scooter311
So here I am, just finishing practicing chord progressions and putting my guitar away, when I says to myself, "Why don't I check out the 914club and see what I've been missing lately" when BAM, you throw this out at me! Great score, I've always liked that model. Don't laugh, but I also like the Alex Skolnick one that looked like a lefty-gone-righty.

smilie_pokal.gif

AND I like saying BUBINGA

BUBINGA
BUBINGA
BUBINGA

jgiroux67
IBANEZ RULES! They have the best necks that I have ever played, but too bad that dont have any RG models with neckthrough. That RB model is awesome. He was one hell of a guitarist. Here is my axe. It's just a rg 320 with f-holes(wannabe PGM) but hopefully one day I will get am old PGM japanese model in blue/pink.
v82go

Another Ibanez "my Artist"
v82go

Pic 2
jasons
I had one of their pf400's, the post lawsuit Les Paul copy. It was a sweet guitar. I still have an Ibanez acoustic-electric I got about 20 years ago. I traded a cobbled together motorcycle for it a Marshall half stack, and a dead Fender twin reverb. Too bad, all I have left from the deal is the guitar. I would love to have that twin back!

The one I want now is the Ghostrider. Unfortunately all funds are directed to car and house projects at the moment.

As seen in this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.