Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Source for Plug Wires...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
It's time for plug wires for the /6.

Anyone know the best value & price out there? The stock Bosch wires are big bucks (for plug wires). Some people have spoken of aftermarket wires, but I didn't pay much attention to the discussions at the time.

I know the markup on this stuff is huge. I'd like to order from someone who's not going to throw in a free tube of KY with their bill.

-Rusty smoke.gif
ArtechnikA
i get my Magnecor's from Apex Performance .

good prices, good service, good guys. among the best prices around. (there might be someone who can come under them a buck or two - i'm not gonna do you low-price leader research. but people i've recommended Apex to have said they were the lowest they found. they were the lowest i found...)

Clewitt is also frequently recommended for Magnecor.

the KV85 will be all you ever need...
Rusty
Looks good... and even a choice of colors. wub.gif

Did yours come with the angled ends (shock towers) or just the wire itself?
Cap'n Krusty
"Bosch" wires aren't stock, and never have been. The wires of choice are "Beru". That's what the car came with. They offer good performance and really long life. You need to use care not to knock the plug reaches (connectors) around, or they'll break internally and fail. HTH, The Cap'n
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 31 2005, 12:29 PM)
Looks good... and even a choice of colors.

Did yours come with the angled ends (shock towers) or just the wire itself?

IIRC the KV85's only come in red, but i didn't read the latest product information charts really closely, since i think my set will last a lifetime...

they are *complete* - silicone boots, plug ends, coil wire, air seals, the lot. unbox and plug 'em in. they fit - both the wire length and the plug ends are excellent.

and the Cap'n is right - Beru was the electrical OEM on most of that stuff...
Rough_Rider
www.ultrarev.com its a ricer site but they do have most stuff in stock. Was about $40 cheaper than magnacore.

Just cross reference part numbers between their site & Magnacore.

& yes all the fittings are correct, my only gripe is they we're a bit short for my original wiring path. Had to re-route the two rear left leads under the carbs.
joea9146
Here are some Bosch Wires for an SC they should work for the 914/6
The only issue being the coil wire might be to short .

Ebay_Bosch_Wires
Joe Ricard
Magnecore 8mm Electrosports work fine with my hopped up engine. Blue in color 90 degree dizzy cap end. Straight plug end with a tin cooling rubber boot. Uses American style connectors supplied are 4 brass nipples to put on your plugs. Ask for the wires to be made 1" longer than they made for Me. He'll know what you mean.

BTW these are really high quality!!!!!! Make sure you tell him exactly what you want 2.0L VW type 4 not 2.0L Porsche = 6 cyl.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 31 2005, 01:26 PM)
Make sure you tell him exactly what you want 2.0L VW type 4 not 2.0L Porsche = 6 cyl.

It's time for plug wires for the /6.

Rusty needs plug wires for his 2,0 SIX ...

the Apex guys, and Clewitt, will know what to ship for a /6.
Rusty
Cool... just placed my order on their website! smile.gif

Thanks, Rich!

-Rusty smoke.gif
Joe Ricard
Oops thats what I get for Clubbing when I should be working. Read too fast.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 31 2005, 11:43 AM)

"Clubbing"? It's baby seal season already? Sorry, bad joke, but I couldn't help myself, eh? The Cap'n
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 31 2005, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Mar 31 2005, 11:43 AM)

"Clubbing"? It's baby seal season already? Sorry, bad joke, but I couldn't help myself, eh? The Cap'n

ar15.gif gunner.gif fighting19.gif spank.gif 914clubbing ya maroon
Gint
Buy the Magnecors. You will NOT be sorry. These are an extremely high quality product.
RAR
Use the factory ends, and bulk wire from Carquest. This is considered to be more than adequate for the 911, which came with stainless braid over the originals. The braid was to cure an air box explosion problem that turned out to have nothing to do with plug wires. Porsche guru Bruce Anderson say the Carquest/factory end solution works just fine.
Magnecores are one of the few (only?) after market wires that almost everyone seems to like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.