Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 cartoon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I'm buying this image from him to use on a few shirts. Whatcha think?

user posted image
Qarl
It seems VERY similar to one that was already done.

I believe they were offered as T-shirts on e-bay. I think they still get posted occasionally.

TC/914
It's a little too close to the image offered on t-shirts here:

http://www.speednation.com/store/page56.html

You may run into a copyright infringement battle.

neo914-6
Those and Dave's friend's cartoon's are similar to Dave Deal of the '70s.
Aaron Cox
looks identical to the design out there already sad.gif
john rogers
Why not a helmet? Cowboy hat??!!
mrihop
What do you mean cartoon? biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Thats pretty cool. bet you can make mince meat out of a 30 foot slalom.
neo914-6
QUOTE (mrihop @ Mar 31 2005, 03:59 PM)

laugh.gif chairfall.gif
Steve Thacker
I'll bet that lil bugger can turn on a dime and pump out 9 cents change. Were do I get me one? laugh.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (mrihop @ Mar 31 2005, 03:59 PM)

clap.gif How'd they do that? lol2.gif
JmuRiz
agree.gif
How did you do that in p-shop. I hear it's easy, but I haven't the faintest where to start. Thanks!
mrihop
The orange car is Scott from Renegade's car. The blue car is one of his customers. I got both cars off the Renegade site and had some fun. When I sent the pictures to Renegade, they asked me to make a few more of each of the cars they convert.....After the pictures were posted on the website, some of Renegade's customers asked me to do there cars and I think they look cool and want one for myself!
bd1308
QUOTE (mrihop @ Apr 1 2005, 06:37 PM)
The orange car is Scott from Renegade's car. The blue car is one of his customers. I got both cars off the Renegade site and had some fun. When I sent the pictures to Renegade, they asked me to make a few more of each of the cars they convert.....After the pictures were posted on the website, some of Renegade's customers asked me to do there cars and I think they look cool and want one for myself!

yeah man you could make a business of selling mini-914 deathtraps to people laugh.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (mrihop @ Apr 1 2005, 04:37 PM)

But you're not going to tell us how you did it are you dry.gif
mrihop
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Apr 1 2005, 12:55 PM)
agree.gif
How did you do that in p-shop.  I hear it's easy, but I haven't the faintest where to start.  Thanks!

You're right. For anyone with previous use of p-shop, this is cake!

1.)You take your car's picture, the closer it is to a straight picture to the side, the easier it is to work with.

2.)Freehand select each wheel and copy/past to make a new layer for each wheel.

3.)Select background layer and go to: Edit, Free Transform. Change the horizontal to 40-60%. Play with it and get what you think looks cool or works best.

4.)Select the wheel layers and move them over the newly condensed wheels. Select: Edit, Transform, Distort, and you will get a box around the wheel. Move the box ends around until the body parts line up for each layer.

5.)Select the eraser and set it to 50% opacity. Go over the non-matching body panels and feather in the color to "match."

6.)Fix the existing shadows, crop the image so it doesn't look extra tall or have the white sides. Save!

Now try it for yourselves!

If what I've just said looks Greek to you, send me a picture of your car and I will "fix" your car for you! lol2.gif
mrihop
If you look at these altered pictures, then look at the real thing....the real thing looks strange!

Here are the links to the pictures I stole from Renegade!

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/CarsforSale...el/_T9S8804.jpg

Sorry, looks the like the original photo of the blue car isn't there, or I just can't find it again. I found it on my computer though!
GTeener
Thanks for sharing the technique! I need to practice biggrin.gif
mrihop
Looks good! It's fun to screw around on photoshop! biggrin.gif
joea9146
I select the first wheel and get a layer for that.
But when I select the second wheel and try to create the second layer
it gives me an error saying nothing selected even though I have
the lasso around the wheel opening of the second wheel ....

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?
djm914-6
QUOTE (GTeener @ Apr 1 2005, 08:03 PM)
Thanks for sharing the technique! I need to practice biggrin.gif

Hey, no screwin' with my paintings! biggrin.gif
djm914-6
I swear I posted a message last night but I don't se it?

Anyway I had asked for a 'Micro Machines 914" done using a more stock looking car, but it looks like y'all are already doing it. Can I use a couple of these?
Pnambic
QUOTE (joea9146 @ Apr 2 2005, 06:55 AM)

You're working on the wrong layer. After you made the first wheel its own layer, the computer is still working on that new layer, instead of the original one.
Make sense? wacko.gif
neo914-6
I'm not PhotoShop savy and I like the classic method:
Mueller
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 2 2005, 11:09 AM)

nice sketch....hmmmm.....can you do one using colored pencils? some Revolution wheels, green body except for the carbonfiber hood???

just a thought since you are getting a trailer to use for free smile.gif

neo914-6
Mike,

For you, anythings possible.. biggrin.gif Revolutions that are on your car in the tow pic?
Mueller
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 2 2005, 01:54 PM)
Mike,

For you, anythings possible.. biggrin.gif Revolutions that are on your car in the tow pic?

yes, silver Revolutions.....tow truck optional wacko.gif , hahahahaha
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 2 2005, 12:59 PM)
Mike,

For you, anythings possible.. biggrin.gif   Revolutions that are on your car in the tow pic?

That or jackstands, take your pic.. laugh.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 2 2005, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 2 2005, 12:59 PM)
Mike,

For you, anythings possible.. biggrin.gif   Revolutions that are on your car in the tow pic?

That or jackstands, take your pic.. laugh.gif

hey now, I've been jackstand free for a few months now smile.gif

djm914-6
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 2 2005, 01:09 PM)

NICE JOB!
mrihop
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Apr 2 2005, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (joea9146 @ Apr 2 2005, 06:55 AM)

You're working on the wrong layer. After you made the first wheel its own layer, the computer is still working on that new layer, instead of the original one.
Make sense? wacko.gif

That's right. I get that message all the time and slap myself in the head when I forget to select the "background" layer. The seperate layers are cool because you can then move each wheel individually without reselecting the wheel manually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.