Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint colors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I was going to paint the 74 yellow to match my old car. But started thinking that the old car was the old car. This is not the old car so it should be different. I am going to shoot it in Acrylic Laquer and found these colors. Cant decide which color to go with. Help me decide which color to go with. These are the only choices I would accept.
Below are the colors, Burgundy metallic, Yellow, Saphire blue metallic Gunmetal Grey metallic, electric blue metallic, silve metallic and teal metallic. What do you all think?
tat2dphreak
the gunmetal color would be sweet...

the burgandy kinda looks like aubergine, which is about as cool as it gets! I'm sure it won't look like that on the car though... if the burgandy IS that dark on car, then I would go with that
Joe Bob
Whit if ya drive like an asshole...ask me how I know....

The grey or silver is next on my list....
skline
They do offer a Lawrence color choice but if everyone paints their cars that color, everyone else would get the wrong idea about us. biggrin.gif
skline
There was this one also, they call it raspberry metallic. Looks like purple to me.
Allan
I vote gunmetal. ar15.gif
merrill
The metallic blue or gunmetal strike my fancy rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
the blue!
JoeSharp
Matalic Blue. Kinda like Beauty wub.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
nickg
i can snap a picture of that exact teal on a 914...i pass it every day going to work......uuuugggly ar15.gif
i say go green...ravenna green that is
TJB/914
Skyline.

Why are you asking us. Ask your wife or GF, You have to live with them not us.

Hope that helps your decision.

Tom
BTW
I vote Yellow.
Aaron Cox
i was going to go gun metal on my car.....

i belive mattr is dark seal grey mettalic.....
Joe Bob
OK...in that case what color matches Birkenstock sandals and flowered mumus?

CptTripps
That gunmetal is hard-core. If I'd had a better body to start with, I'd have gone there. Maybe my next car...

Actually, I LOVE that flat-grey that Audi has. I see TTs with it. No metalic...just a real warm grey. That with Ox-Blood leater is my next 914.
lapuwali
Of your choices, the electric blue. I hate metallics, and grey is still boring if you call it "gunmetal".

First choice with no restrictions would be really dark blues or greens, so dark that they look black in anything but daylight.
spunone
Ok so where did all that paint come from?? screwy.gif
MarkG
Gonna paint mine Rosso Corsa (I already have a tube of touch-up paint!).
Rand
Black! Dammit, where's that swatch? Ok, gunmetal then. Can't wait to see it!
skline
I am leaning towards the Electric blue metallic but am still open to you guys influence. The interior will be black so I can pretty much go with anything. Its really just a AX/driver, not a show car or anything. I just want to be seen when I am out driving it.

As for my wife or my girlfriend, the wife doesnt car as she hates the car and we really arent that type of married couple.
tat2dphreak
Ble is always a great color... but something about the gunmetal is really appealing with the 914 in mind
Hydra
Electric blue!!
blue means power, what your car will lack in HP it will make up for it with its attitude.... wink.gif
balljoint
Can't decide...mix 'em all together, might end up lookin' like that brown 916. Eeeewww.

Okay, blue, or green. Too many "Too many Yellow Car" whiners out there. I like really metallic silvers, but grey sounds dull, and the other colours are pretty much "You think Nick Stokes is a hottie? ME TOO". How true are the paints in the can to what they look like on a car? Oh heck, just re-do your post as a poll and let the membership decide.
Rusty
I like the blue on the top left. That's close to the base mix when I sprayed Cobalt Blue on Elwood.

Gunmetal gray and metallic burgundy are my next choices (in order).

Oh... about that purple paint.... finger.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
Why didn't you do a poll? Oh wait... you did that already.

Gunmetal what else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.