Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Should I be worried
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jenny
So yesterday I notice the car parked next to my parking stall at my apartment is gone. This car hadn't moved in the 4 months I've been living there. There was a considerable amount of noise coming from their apartment, and turns out the paint crew was there. I guess they moved out and the complex is looking to clean it up and move a new tennant in. Great. Today I get home at lunch to check on the beagles, and I see this parked in the carport... unsure.gif

Jen
Jenny
'nuther
Jenny
sad.gif
Jenny
It's sorta unsettling.
Reiche
How's your alibi?
TimT
Yikes ohmy.gif , I mean did they have to be so "in your face" with the company name?

so what happened?
Aaron Cox
that is quite scary jenny! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
tat2dphreak
LMAO!!! that's the most fucked up thing I've heard/seen today!! even more fuct than STF!

if the car hadn't moved in 4 months there's no telling what happened... the guy coulda been dead for months (maybe of natural causes) and the cleaner was brought in to get the smell out...

icon8.gif

see... no such thing as a perfect tenant... all the quiet ones are either serial killers or... dead
balljoint
Did you see Grissom? Or Warrick? What about Nick?
Bruce Allert
I had no idea companies such as that were around huh.gif

But I guess someone has to do it, eh?

Especially in B I G cities where a lot of shit goes down.

Wonder if they need to report a place they clean if no cops are involved (if'n ya know what I mean)rolleyes.gif

..b
lapuwali
That may be your new neighbor.

I wonder: why would you need to advertise a business like that? Just handing business cards to cops should be sufficient.

One would think discretion would be appreciated...
MarkG
Back in my law enforcement days the only thing worse than the ol' 'welfare check' (you know .... can the POlice check on Aunt Bee - haven't heard from her for a while) was arriving at Aunt Bee's place and seeing the windows covered with flies.

Light a cigar, chew some Juicy Fruit, and ask someone to bring you a fresh uniform, 'cause NUTHINs gonna get that smell out!
Jenny
I don't know!!! And my complex is fully occupied by indian people who keep to themselves and are afraid to talk to me. They fear my dogs too. They actually do the spiderman move (cling to the wall) when I walk by with Snoopy and Pebbles. I may never find out... ohmy.gif

Jen
xitspd
Wow! Jenny... ohmy.gif

What a harsh company! Not a lot of thought or compassion exhibited for the victim's family or friends with that lettering on the door and the license plate. Talk about over the top marketing! It might be a good idea to ask the manager about what happened.
Jenny
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Mar 31 2005, 02:03 PM)
if the car hadn't moved in 4 months there's no telling what happened... the guy coulda been dead for months (maybe of natural causes)

someone's been paying rent, I'd assume...

Nick Stokes is dreamy... wub.gif

Jen
Jenny
I watched a special on a crime scene cleanup business about a year ago on Discovery Channel. The guy drove a black truck around SF bay area at night cleaning up various messes. I figured those were company trucks that they left at work. Maybe this is my new neighbor. huh.gif Could come in handy for getting out those tough pet stains when we move out. biggrin.gif

Jen
Jake Raby
DAMN!
Yep, get the hell out of there..

Move to the country and only worry about varmits eating your interior blink.gif

That is scary..
Allan
I have a cousin here in Bakersfield that owns a company that has the contracts for the local law inforcement and coroner's office to do clean-up work after an incident. I don't remember what the name of his company is but something generic like tidy clean, not an in your face name.
GWN7
Just had a case here...old woman...20 some cats...dead a month they figure.....not much to clean up except cat poop....... huh.gif sad.gif blink.gif
nebreitling
that liscense plate is awful!

don't worry jenny, if it was a homocide, you would have been contacted by now. probably a suicide, or an accident, or old age or someone's cat or something. besides, what could happen in mountain view?
Kargeek
My neighbor, Old man Miller lived around the corner from me and one day, my buddy called and told me was in my neighborhood managing an estate sale. Turns out it was old man Miller’s house. So, I go over and was amazed that everything was left in his house- I mean everything. I guess his family did not want any of his heirlooms or memories – nothing. Attendance was good and items were selling at a fast pace. I had to ask, “ How did Miller pass on? Turns out, he died on his couch and after a couple of days the neighbors came looking for him. Well, I learn this just as someone bought the couch and was having it carried out to their pickup truck!
ConeDodger
In California it takes months for a landlord to get rid of a non-paying tennant. It could easily be that an eviction process took until now to find out that the guy was in fact dead...

I once took a tennant to court because they were having constant parties and pissing off the neighbors. They were in fact paying the rent. From the moment the court process started until they were gone they quit paying rent and that took four months. I could have used a crime scene cleaner to clean up the mess as well....

It is kind of creapy when it is next door to you though isn't it?

Rob
scruz914
That is really creepy. I would think that if they are there for cleaning up after a crime you would have seen a lot of official looking people and barricades. Problem is they don't get called unless there is a nasty and/or hazardous mess to clean up. The police would only show up if there was a crime involved. Any chance the tenant had a bunch of animals that made a mess with maybe a few of them dead for a while? Any rotten smells around there lately?
Jenny
QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Mar 31 2005, 04:32 PM)

agree.gif especially since Brian's on the east coast right now. I guess I'll have to depend on my dogs for protection.

Jen
Mueller
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Mar 31 2005, 04:32 PM)

agree.gif especially since Brian's on the east coast right now. I guess I'll have to depend on my dogs for protection.

Jen

I can be there in 5 minutes...oh wait, it's traffic time...make that 7 minutes biggrin.gif wub.gif
Jenny
... and bring your BFH smash.gif

Jen
redshift
About 3-4 years ago, a friend noticed some older ladies, snooping around the house next door.. he asked if he could help them with something..

The one lady says, "Yes, our friend hasn't been out in a couple of days, and we are worried about her... could you jump the fence around back, and see if the door is open?"

So, we go over the fence, and the door is open, and she's dead, laying in the kitchen floor.. with a little puppy eating her face off.

So, we go out the front, tell them (only about her being dead) and call the non-emergency police number.. explain the situation... (quietly).... they send two police cars, one ambulance thing, and the animal control lady.

So, as the animal control lady is walking out with the little dog, the one lady asks, "Ma'am, we loved our friend so much, and she loved that little dog. Is it possible that we could keep the puppy, instead of it going to the pound first?"..

The animal control lady said, "No ma'am! Once an animal had eaten human flesh, it must be destroyed, by law."

After about 10 seconds, the other lady fainted.

M
Gint
That's job security... icon8.gif
aircooledboy
Ha hahahahahaha.... laugh.gif

They are a national company. I have one of their magnets on a file cabinet at the office. laugh.gif They send me stuff every now and then. I have had to call in their services a couple times for clients (i.e clean up a meth lab). ohmy.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 04:36 PM)

Jen

Didn't I see you with some lead shooters in your hands a few avaitars ago? wink.gif

ar15.gif
scotty b
Not to be TOO gruesome but, if you never smelt it maybe they didn't delt it? Alot of those companies also do MAJOR cleanup jobs like on packrats, filthy types, etc. Could have had pets that they never cleaned up after? It may not be as bad as you think unsure.gif Then again ar15.gif
Jenny
Talked to management. A sick elderly woman recently moved out, and left some vomit and BLOOD?!?! that the maintenance guys didn't want to touch.

BTW, Bruce, I do have a bat, in addition to various other personal protection paraphanila (sp). ar15.gif

Jen
scotty b
see thats not so bad ! Just some old decrepit alcoholic coughing up her liver on the floor. beer.gif barf.gif No CSI for you!
Ctrout
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Mar 31 2005, 03:05 PM)
I had no idea companies such as that were around huh.gif

But I guess someone has to do it, eh?

Especially in B I G cities where a lot of shit goes down.

Wonder if they need to report a place they clean if no cops are involved (if'n ya know what I mean)rolleyes.gif

..b

The somebody that does this in the Air Force is the same somebody that serves meals in the chow hall. Both jobs are handled by the "Services Squadron." You guys want to talk about unnerving?
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (MarkG @ Mar 31 2005, 03:11 PM)

Light a cigar, chew some Juicy Fruit, and ask someone to bring you a fresh uniform, 'cause NUTHINs gonna get that smell out!

My cousin retired from LAPD a few yars ago. Luv'd listening to his stories. Often mentioned going into a persons house that'd been dead for awhile. They'd find a frying pan, put it on the stove & look for ground coffee to throw in it. Turned the burner on to start it cooking to kill the smell.
Ben Gay under the nose helped a wee bit wacko.gif

........b
sgomes
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 01:44 PM)
This car hadn't moved in the 4 months I've been living there.

So, Nate, it doesn't bother you that the car was parked WITHOUT MOVING for 4 months and never got towed???? chairfall.gif
mike_the_man
QUOTE (sgomes @ Apr 1 2005, 06:34 AM)
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 01:44 PM)
This car hadn't moved in the 4 months I've been living there.

So, Nate, it doesn't bother you that the car was parked WITHOUT MOVING for 4 months and never got towed???? chairfall.gif

Hahahaha! I was just thinking the same thing! biggrin.gif

Toast
Jenny, that sucks! ohmy.gif I hope they are your new tendants and not there for clean up. unsure.gif

Anyway, its is acutally good for them to advertise because a loved one of a victum of such a horrendus crime does not want or should not have to clean up.
It is such a horrible thought to have to clean such a thing when someone is greiving and has to deal with the funeral arrangements and everything else on top of it. I dont think that I would be able to deal with having to clean up. sad.gif

Most people (like Bruce Allert) do not know that these companies exist. So its important for them to get the word out. They are there to help.

Good luck Jenny, and keep yourself safe with protection and constant eyes on the look.........just in case. unsure.gif
Elliot_Cannon
"Snoopy" and "Pebbles"? rolleyes.gif Protection? Uh ok. What's wrong with Spike and Killer? sawzall-smiley.gif
Elliot
anthony
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 07:39 PM)
Talked to management. A sick elderly woman recently moved out, and left some vomit and BLOOD?!?! that the maintenance guys didn't want to touch.

That's their story and they are sticken to it!
Jenny
QUOTE (anthony @ Apr 1 2005, 11:57 AM)

exactly. rolleyes.gif Although I don't expect them to volunteer information about a woman dead in her apartment for 2+ months or anything like that. At least I know there's no fowl play, or I'm sure the po-po would have talked to me already.

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE (anthony @ Apr 1 2005, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 07:39 PM)

agree.gif icon8.gif gotta keep the place filled. Dead peeps is bad for biz blink.gif
URY914
I gotta a call from my boss one day and he said go home pack a bag for the rest of the week, I need you to go to Orlando. I get to the jobsite in Orlando and everyones acting real strange. The take me in to this office and said this is where you'll be working. It was a guys office, all his crap is still there. So I said where is this guy was he fired? They said no, he didn't come to work monday morning so on tuesday afternoon after not hearing from him, they sent a guy to his apartment. He looked thru the rear glass door and saw him lying of the floor. DEAD! ohmy.gif

I asked if they could me a different chair to sit in. It was a weird feeling seating there at his desk.... icon8.gif

Paul
maf914
QUOTE (Jenny @ Mar 31 2005, 06:39 PM)
BTW, Bruce, I do have a bat, in addition to various other personal protection paraphanila (sp). ar15.gif

Jen

So where exactly is this protective bat from? Transylvania? laugh.gif

I read most of the Ann Rice vampire books... rolleyes.gif
vortrex
at least they paid for a pro clean up. I worked grounds at an apt complex all through college and a few people killed themselves during that time. one guy shot himself in the head with a shotgun (and video taped it). he did it on a sofa that was wrapped in a plastic cover, guess he wanted to keep it clean. anways, they found him days later and the blood was all thick and pooled up on the sofa. no way I was going in there but some others did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.