Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Puebloswatcop
w00t.gif Was driving Down I-25 in Pueblo Colorado when I saw a 914 off in the distance. Sped up to have a look (easy to do in a police car) and it was a creamsicle 914, or at least was painted and decked out like one. Now I was tempted to pull the car over and chat with the gentleman driving it, and ask about it's authenticity. However I had to put professionalism over personal and not aggravate the man, so I sufficed to drive along next to it and admire it from my cruiser. The gentleman driving it seemed to be enjoying the drive without a care in the world. Although he has no idea, he and his car made my day. driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Good to hear. I was pulled over by the ok highway patrol early one Sunday morning. Hung over, and headed home from a date the night before. I was not speeding. Asked why I was pulled over. The answer was "wanted a closer look at your car" we talked for an hour. He's still a good friend and includes me in his combat handgun hp courses. Stop him next time. You may make a new friend.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 27 2016, 07:58 PM) *

Good to hear. I was pulled over by the ok highway patrol early one Sunday morning. Hung over, and headed home from a date the night before. I was not speeding. Asked why I was pulled over. The answer was "wanted a closer look at your car" we talked for an hour. He's still a good friend and includes me in his combat handgun hp courses. Stop him next time. You may make a new friend.

Believe me I really wanted to.....unfortunately it only takes one complaint though and it hurts your career for a long time....on the other hand I am close to retirement...sure was a nice looking car though, hope to see it again so I can have a chat with him....but I don't think he lives here as I have never seen the car before and I pretty much know every 914 in the city.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 27 2016, 08:25 PM) *

Believe me I really wanted to.....unfortunately it only takes one complaint though and it hurts your career for a long time....on the other hand I am close to retirement...sure was a nice looking car though, hope to see it again so I can have a chat with him....but I don't think he lives here as I have never seen the car before and I pretty much know every 914 in the city.

That had to be "worn". He is headed to Route 66 Classic and is in Las Vegas, NM for the night before heading out to Flagstaff Thursday.

Good eye!
brant
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 27 2016, 08:25 PM) *

That had to be "worn". He is headed to Route 66 Classic and is in Las Vegas, NM for the night before heading out to Flagstaff Thursday.

Good eye!

agree.gif
Kansas 914
Here is a picture of his car he uploaded to the Live Event Uploader today. I think it is actually '76 so it is a "Creamsicle Tribute". He started in Wisconsin on Monday and has had a few minor issues but seems to have it under control now.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 27 2016, 07:25 PM) *

Was this the driver ?
ndfrigi

That was a good decision as an officer of not using the authority in a wrong way! And yes people lately makes a complain especially against the cops. I salute to you Officer! But then again, you could have search the 914 owner where he live and maybe visit him one day. Take care and God bless!

87m491
Along the same vein, I used to have a 72 Trans Am with a 455 (7 litre!) that used to get pulled over fairly often for no apparent reason. One day I was pretty local putting around well below the posted limit when I started to be shadowed by a local officer. This went on for a few miles so I just pulled over at a convenient wide spot and awaited the inevitable. The officer pulled in behind me and approached the drivers side. He asked if I needed assistance and I noted his "shadow" for a while so I just pulled over. He said he was just enjoying the view and wished me a good day!

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 27 2016, 05:58 PM) *

Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 27 2016, 08:38 PM) *

Here is a picture of his car he uploaded to the Live Event Uploader today. I think it is actually '76 so it is a "Creamsicle Tribute". He started in Wisconsin on Monday and has had a few minor issues but seems to have it under control now.

Click to view attachment

By God that looks like the same car, plates and all. Man I was thrilled to see it. aktion035.gif
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 27 2016, 08:39 PM) *

Was this the driver ?

Why yes it was. He looked like he was just so relaxed and enjoying himself. Now I wish I had stopped him, but you never know what you might get into, some people don't take kindly to interrupting their day.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 28 2016, 03:25 PM) *

Why yes it was. He looked like he was just so relaxed and enjoying himself. Now I wish I had stopped him, but you never know what you might get into, some people don't take kindly to interrupting their day.

I will be meeting him tomorrow in Flagstaff. I will tell him this story, he will love it.
KELTY360
av-943.gif Classic!
Catorse
I would've stopped him. Pretty easy, the PC would have been driving while awesome ;-)
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Apr 28 2016, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 28 2016, 03:25 PM) *

I will be meeting him tomorrow in Flagstaff. I will tell him this story, he will love it.

Did you get a chance to tell Worn the story? What was his reaction?
McMark
I pull people over all the time to check out their cars. Of course it's harder for me since I'm not a cop. busted_cop.gif

av-943.gif .......... smile.gif .......... mellow.gif .......... yawn.gif .......... rolleyes.gif
somd914
Glad to see you did the right thing and didn't pull him over. A friend has been pulled over a few times in his prancing pony Italian toys. He's not a big fan of being stopped and delayed in order to entertain the personal curiosity of a police officer.

It hasn't happened to me, but I wouldn't care for it either.

With that said, I'll finish on a positive note and thank you for your valuable service - it's not an easy job.

Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2016, 07:24 AM) *

I pull people over all the time to check out their cars. Of course it's harder for me since I'm not a cop. busted_cop.gif

av-943.gif .......... smile.gif .......... mellow.gif .......... yawn.gif .......... rolleyes.gif

LOL...that is funny lol-2.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.