Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB Fuel line grommets 10mm and 8mm Correct "stopper" shape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Just finished the fuel line grommets for the fire wall area. Both are done, but I have a few other items that are done that I want to put up too so it may be a day or two as we wrap these up.

$4 a pop

I'm going stainless on my lines and will do 10mm for both, but figures there would be those that wanted the correct ones for the OEM application.

I have test fitted these on my Cary's car and they are a nice fit. The material is silicone so that it will make a great seal and are just slightly softer than the OEM to make them easier to install.

So let me know who's up for some?
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 27 2016, 11:44 PM) *

Just finished the fuel line grommets for the fire wall area. Both are done, but I have a few other items that are done that I want to put up too so it may be a day or two as we wrap these up.

$4 a pop

I'm going stainless on my lines and will do 10mm for both, but figures there would be those that wanted the correct ones for the OEM application.

I have test fitted these on my Cary's car and they are a nice fit. The material is silicone so that it will make a great seal and are just slightly softer than the OEM to make them easier to install.

So let me know who's up for some?

I'm ready for some. I guess I'll need two of the 10mm and two of the 8mm for my project car. How soon will they be made? Tell me what I need to do to order and pay. Mark S.
BillC
Good timing, I'm almost ready to install my new stainless fuel lines. So, I'll need a set too. How many are needed? One of each or two of each?
914_tinker
I'll take a set. Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(BillC @ Apr 28 2016, 10:34 AM) *

Good timing, I'm almost ready to install my new stainless fuel lines. So, I'll need a set too. How many are needed? One of each or two of each?

One of each, but verify your tube size. I'm using 10mm for both of mine as it's easier.
ThinAir
How about the oval grommets for passing the fuel hoses through sheet metal under the battery tray?
Silver Surfer
I'll take a 10mm set and an 8mm set as I haven't decided yet.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Apr 28 2016, 07:18 PM) *

How about the oval grommets for passing the fuel hoses through sheet metal under the battery tray?

Those are already available.
Mikey914
Yes if you are talking about the oblong one that is as a 45 degree angle I just brought some in. I am working on the grommet at the drivers firewall for the charcoal canister currently.
sbsix
I'm in for a set of 8mm and 9.5mm.
sbsix
I'm in for a set of 8mm and 9.5mm.
ThinAir
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 28 2016, 06:14 PM) *

Yes if you are talking about the oblong one that is as a 45 degree angle I just brought some in. I am working on the grommet at the drivers firewall for the charcoal canister currently.

I missed them on the site.
relentless
I'd like a set. How many are needed?
ThinAir
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Apr 28 2016, 04:18 PM) *

Still haven't found these on the 914rubber.com site. Would love it if someone has a link.
Mikey914
QUOTE(ThinAir @ May 5 2016, 01:08 PM) *

QUOTE(ThinAir @ Apr 28 2016, 04:18 PM) *

Still haven't found these on the 914rubber.com site. Would love it if someone has a link.

These will be up on Monday, if not earlier.
Mikey914
Got these up on the site right here -
10mm
http://shop.914rubber.com/Fuel-line-gromme...m?categoryId=-1
8mm
http://shop.914rubber.com/Fuel-line-gromme...m?categoryId=-1

The original configuration calls for a 8mm and a 10mm grommet. The picture shows both grommets with a 10mm on the stainless line. Again only one 8mm grommet is included for this selection I did this as individual parts rather than a kit so if you were doing stainless lines and opted to do both in 10mm, you could simply order what you want.

PM's going out to all who responded
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.