Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 37 Degree Flaring Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I am in the middle of routing new stainless steel fuel lines through the tunnel of my car and I now need to go into AN6 braided lines to make the trip up to the engine bay. I have all the AN fittings along with some tube nuts and tube sleeves, but I can not seem to locate a 37 degree flaring tool to make the proper flare on the steel lines. Do anyone have any experience with this exercise? Does anyone happen to have a flaring tool that can make 37 degree flares that I can borrow?

Thanks,
Britain
JWest
I've got one, but it's a little far...

Try this one: Speedway Motors
Britain Smith
Any idea what the difference is between the standard and deluxe models? I only need to flare 3/8" Stainless line.

-Britain
9144guy
i work on porsche for a living, but i also run a (tubes n hoses ) area in the shop i got 25 thousand $ worth of tooling to make flares on ss. and every thing else under the moon. you can get a kit from (mac) ss. is very hard steel, but can be done, mac kit is a hand kit, and will work
JWest
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Mar 31 2005, 08:11 PM)
Any idea what the difference is between the standard and deluxe models? I only need to flare 3/8" Stainless line.

-Britain

The catalog says the deluxe is USA made. I bought mine about 15 years ago from I don't remember where, so I can't speak for the ones at Speedway.

I have done stainless 3/8 with a hand tool - as 9144guy says it is hard. You have to ensure the end is perfectly square and burr free or it will crack when flared.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.