Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fatlando
If it is, would this fit my 75 2.0? Just picking you all's k-nowledge.

fat lando

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW
Mueller
yes......it's being sold by a fellow club member.....
tat2dphreak
side shifters in need of rebuild bring 150 if I remember right... so yes, it's a good deal. even better if you can pick it up... shipping is a bitch.
skline
Always buy a transmission off Evilbay with the mindset that is is going to need a rebuild. Never trust one and dont pay top dollar for one from Ebay. You would only be setting yourself up to be screwed. This is coming from someone with experience although not directly but indirectly. I know of a few people who bought total junk from the Bay and got screwed.
anthony
It's hard to tell if it's a good deal with 5 days left to go on the auction.
rhodyguy
at least it's clean. if it's an honestly written ad, it's a good price. i bet greyhound would transport it for less than $80 to tacoma.

k
fatlando
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 1 2005, 08:03 AM)
at least it's clean. if it's an honestly written ad, it's a good price. i bet greyhound would transport it for less than $80 to tacoma.

k

Kevin,

So will it work for a 75? My first gear is acting up and just thought as a quick fix it would be better just to replace the whole thing.

how ya doing?

Is it wet in Tacoma? It's doing the sunny wet thing in Bremerton now..

later

fat lando
rhodyguy
yes. broken clouds, down pouring shortly i think. i warned you about the weather when you moved here!

k
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (fatlando @ Apr 1 2005, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 1 2005, 08:03 AM)

k

Kevin,

So will it work for a 75? My first gear is acting up and just thought as a quick fix it would be better just to replace the whole thing.

how ya doing?

Is it wet in Tacoma? It's doing the sunny wet thing in Bremerton now..

later

fat lando

I think everyone's 1st synchros are bad... unless they have been re-done... there's an article about doing this... I think James wrote... that would be (maybe)cheaper(can't remember ), and probably faster than getting a questionable tranny... and it would be done right... not just a patch until it breaks again...

here's an artice... I seem to remember another though: confused24.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...anny_repair.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.