Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally. Dyno. Tune Video. May be offensive.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
Heading to Road Atlanta this weekend to stretch the teener's legs...here is the final run of the tuning session. We left 50-60 rwhp on the table in exchange for an ultra-safe tune. It runs on straight 93 octane pump fuel...

Happy camper.

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9VBwcXAMg
Mueller
Too embarrassed to post the dyno numbers? smash.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif

Have fun this weekend!
r_towle
agree.gif
Interesting post, I'm a little confused as to why one would leave 50-60 rhp on the table...is it because your breaking it in or your cooling system can't manage some hi temp?
Car is going to the track - correct?
Anyway enjoy.
porschetub
Tony that thing is a weapon must be a crazy drive ,thinking 500rwhp as a guess...don't know anything about V8's so don't flame me biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Love that car and the craftsmanship that went into it. Have fun. smilie_pokal.gif
Cracker
Mueller - Its all good and thanks for the well-wishes. The car made 531 rwhp...

0396 - Between the sustained rpm demand placed on a road coarse engine, pulling timing and having a conservative AF ratio is "kind to the engine". We are also using pump gas (93) in the car and wanted to KNOW that we are not getting into detonation (the engine is 11.8:1 too). There is also the transaxle issue - I'm exploring new territory with this and know we are already beyond what is acceptable...time will tell how that works out.

Tub - Yeah. I might want to be a little careful with the throttle..ehh? Its actually amazingly easy to drive...if my wife could actually see over the steering wheel, she could drive it.

The power to weight ratio is (crankshaft corrected) is 4.1:1 - as its tuned (#2425/590). Perfect!

T

Click to view attachment
1stworks
super cool.
Thanks for sharing.
EdwardBlume
drooley.gif drooley.gif

In car video please!
JoeD
Wow- awesome Tony! Have a great run at the track. I want to get out and see you run that beast one of these days!!!
Krieger
That's freaking awesome! Go live the dream!
Randal
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 28 2016, 06:35 PM) *

Heading to Road Atlanta this weekend to stretch the teener's legs...here is the final run of the tuning session. We left 50-60 rwhp on the table in exchange for an ultra-safe tune. It runs on straight 93 octane pump fuel...

Happy camper.

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9VBwcXAMg

WoW, 531hp to the wheels. Now that should be fun. And the torque (!) which ought to be good pulling everyone out of corners.

Hate to hear you're thinking about a different trans-axle, especially after sorting the shifting to glassy smooth.

Is there an Albins in the future?
yerpants
Beautiful. My 70 rwhp is offended. smile.gif
Thanks for the info, smart decision. Best at the track.
r_towle
What transaxle are you running?

I was watching a show the other day and race transaxle used straight cut gears.
I wondear if that would be th direction to go when pushing that much torque?

The weak spot at the end of,the day is that thrust force on the tranny.
andys
Tony,

Make sure to give us a full weekend track report. I can't remember, what are you doing for oil control for the track?

Oh, and yes, your car sounds good.

Andys
Cracker
Joe - You are always welcome to be my guest - this weekend if you'd like - there is no cost to get in - if you have children, it would be a hit!

Andy - Hello. Its been quite a while...I'll call you next week to discuss the event. I installed an Aviad/ARE 3-stage dry-sump (9 quart tank). We pass that through two large oil coolers (36 & 40 row). Thank you too for you compliments...

Rich - I'm running a G87-20 (Boxster S 6-Speed) - I have a theory regarding keeping it alive, at least for a term. It will be a wear item ultimately.

Thanks to everyone else for your kind words too.

Tony

QUOTE(andys @ Apr 29 2016, 09:08 PM) *

Tony,

Make sure to give us a full weekend track report. I can't remember, what are you doing for oil control for the track?

Oh, and yes, your car sounds good.

Andys
wndsnd
Wow, I hope that wing gives you enough down force!
Catorse
As the owner of a car with a built LS3 that makes 820whp (not in a 914), there are plenty of transmissions that will handle that power, however many won't fit into a 914. On mine, I have the stock 6 speed that came with the car (2011 Camaro SS) and it has never even made a peep.

In your case I would be looking at a 930 trans or a G50 off a 965 at the minimum. A motor like mine is capable of shearing off every gear on a ring an pinion and exploding weak axles, as is yours!

nice build!!!
colingreene
what afr and timing?
You know running retarded timing actually will risk burning the valves.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 29 2016, 08:40 PM) *

What transaxle are you running?

I was watching a show the other day and race transaxle used straight cut gears.
I wondear if that would be th direction to go when pushing that much torque?

Straight cut gears would be freakishly noisy. OK if it's race only...

QUOTE(Catorse @ Apr 30 2016, 11:09 AM) *

In your case I would be looking at a 930 trans or a G50 off a 965 at the minimum. A motor like mine is capable of shearing off every gear on a ring an pinion and exploding weak axles, as is yours!

Takes a fair bit to flip a 930, but it's a stout box. $1250 per gearset a few years back.
IIRC Britain put a 930 in his subi 914, I think there's a thread somewhere..
Guy I know is building a Factory Five GTM, they use a g50 upside down. I've had both apart, 930 has bigger gears than a G50, but the G50 fixed the 901 1st gear weak link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.