Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another L-Jet question, AAV related
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
Does anyone have a pic of the AAV in it's mounted position? I understand where it goes (driver's side, just in front of the air plenum). My AAV has a built in boss on it with two holes (like every L-Jet AAV I've seen), but I can't figure out for the life of me if that boss connects to some type of mount, or if the boss is used to mount the AAV directly to the engine tin/engine.
RohJay
Hope this helps:

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
Thanks!

Okay, so I get the exact orientation, but is it just screwed/bolted to the tin? Kind of looks that way in the pic but it's difficult to tell conclusively.
Rob-O
I tried putting the AAV on the engine in that spot and facing that direction, but unless there is a mount I'm missing (completely possible as my tin isn't a 1.8L tin) the AAV won't fit there.

I only see one screw holding down the tin in that spot. If I used the screw to hold down the AAV, the vacuum hose on the short side of the AAV wouldn't fit because the hump of the tin over the cylinder bank would be in the way. Pics below...
RohJay
The pic I sent earlier was something I received from a member here, when I was trying to figure out the same.

I just checked my own now: Looks like the AAR valve is mounted on the tin with self tapping screws. Be warned my L-Jet system was also retro fitted... and hoses might not be original shape

ClayPerrine
I don't have a picture, but here is a clip from PET.

Click to view attachment

It mounts between the engine tin and the centerline of the case.

Dave_Darling
Cool, I didn't know about that part!

My old 1.8 was an early one, and had a 1.7-style AAR. I believe it mounted to a bracket coming off of the plenum, but I don't remember that clearly.

--DD
bretth
My 1.8.
Click to view attachment
Rob-O
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 30 2016, 04:42 AM) *

I don't have a picture, but here is a clip from PET.

Click to view attachment

It mounts between the engine tin and the centerline of the case.

Wow, thanks Clay. I looked the PET over pretty well and missed that. I usually go there before I start asking a ton of fitment questions. In this case I heard conflicting info. I had heard (like Dave) that it was mounted to the plenum and you had said there was a mount.

My throttle body should be here tomorrow. As far as I can tell, the plenum with the TB attached looks like it should be the first piece to go on. Then the AAV and the Thermo-time. Then lay out the FI harness and the engine electrical harness. Then the runners and other bits. I already have the injectors, elbows, new clamps and fuel rails attached to the runners.
ClayPerrine
I am going out to the garage shortly. I will look for the AAR bracket for you.

Clay
Rob-O
Thanks Clay. I'm watching the kids today but we could make the trip up for a field trip.
ClayPerrine
I have the bracket. It is in the parts cleaner for you.

Do you still need the fuel pressure regulator bracket?

Clay
Rob-O
Yes on the fuel pressure regulator bracket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.