Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT / not 914 related 911 gurus.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I discovered a 70 911 somewhere near me at a body shop burried under parts at a body shop.

I spoke to the owner and I have to go and see him tomorow .

He told me that he has two cars , I only confirmed one is a 70. I am not sure about the other one .
He has lien papers for the 70 but there is a lot missing, basically just shell , motor and Trany.
He will throw the other one as part of the deal for parts since he has no paperwork just a bill of sale. It also have motor and Trany , bumpers , femders , pretty much all I need To complete the one with the paperwork.
What do I look for in these engines and how do I know what these engines worth as a core .

Where do I locate the serial number?

TIA,
23e Heure
The engine serial number?

That - as well as engine type number - is here, down on the right hand side of the fan. Serial is left arrow, type is right arrow:

IPB Image

In terms of value - first start by getting the number and decoding it to determine what you are actually looking at.
Bitsa cars like you describe might have anything in them... If you get lucky someone fitted an early S engine!
On the other hand, a standard 70T lump is one of the least valuable early 911 engines.
mb911
Wow that could be a huge find with the value of long hoods right now.
Mark Henry
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ld-numbers.html

Search the bird and earlyS classifieds for core values.
914itis
Can someone identify the specs on this motor by this picture .
Mark Henry
It has a 3.2 intake shades.gif
mepstein
3.2 intake. If it's a 3.2 engine it's worth $5-6k just as a core.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 30 2016, 06:04 PM) *

It has a 3.2 intake shades.gif

...and a lot of poo.... stromberg.gif

So it's a shitty engine, send it to me for environmentally responsible disposal.
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 30 2016, 02:59 PM) *

Can someone identify the specs on this motor by this picture .

Yes, dreams do come true. Congrats on both fronts.
Enjoy your journey smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.