Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now the fuel pump?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

I finally get the ignition module replaced and the engine fires up! I (definitely) turn off the car, go grab a beer and come back in half hour to begin tuning the carbs and it won't turn over. Doesn't seem to be fuel getting to the carbs. And I don't hear the fuel pump whine with the key in the "on" position before starting.

I swapped the relays around on the board, but no luck. I assume the pump is dead. Or do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thing is...the PO relocated the pump...I guess to the front cause I can't find it anywhere else. I can't see it through the hole under the tank or from the top. Anything else I should try before pulling the tank???

If I do need a new pump, is there a low pressure one you recommend that I can pick up at a FLAPS?

UGHHHHH!

Thanks!
Spoke
I think I used Mr Gasket 12S.
Rob-O
Is the battery still charged? If so an no cranking, I'd seriously suspect the ignition switch (you called it a module but I'm assuming you mean the switch) you just replaced.
steuspeed
Try this trick. Take a relay apart and then press the relay with your finger while the key is on. See if the pump runs. The stock pump is under the passenger side just in front of the rear wheel. It's tucked up in there. You can get 12V on the pump with a couple wires too. My pump just died too after running fine. The car has been sitting a while. After exercising all the relay sockets and wire connections it came back to life.
steuspeed
Any luck with the fuel pump?
iankarr
K...this is really weird. Seems at least a full page of posts to this thread are gone.

Bottom line is that I figured out that it was a relay after all. All good!

Sir Andy... What do you think happened to the other posts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.