Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pressure Plate Bolt Grade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
I'm getting ready to install a new stock clutch and from what I gather new bolts are the way to go. The Porsche Parts Manual shows 8x1.25x18 but do not indicate grade. The old bolts look to be in good condition and are 8x1.25x15 grade 10.9.

Local hardware store carries 8.8 grade in in 8x1.25x16 but I'm not sure if that's good enough. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.
mepstein
I would use the old ones with lock tight. 6's are stretch bolts but the general consensus was that 4's are ok to reuse the bolts.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 30 2016, 01:42 PM) *

I would use the old ones with lock tight. 6's are stretch bolts but the general consensus was that 4's are ok to reuse the bolts.

/6 pressure plate bolts are stretch bolts?
I know the flywheel bolts are...

On the /4 PP I think it's just 8.8, I have stock set I'll check
porschetub
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 1 2016, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 30 2016, 01:42 PM) *

/6 pressure plate bolts are stretch bolts?
I know the flywheel bolts are...

On the /4 PP I think it's just 8.8, I have stock set I'll check

I used 8.8 capscrews on my 6 pressure plate worked fine,like Mark said stretch bolts ??? nah that's not it.
Capscrews would be fine on a 4 also torqued up correctly,they are cheap to buy don't see the point in reusing bolts again in this situation.

Not sure if this is a low budget rebuild. When I came across that, I just ordered new ones. But then that's me.
Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.