Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EvilBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
/rant
Shills

I hope that this is not anyone's car, but I am utterly pissed at the shill bidding. I had asked for the guy to send me more pix and info for a PPI. No response. I assume that the hell hole is nasty.

But to see the bidding on this makes me want to barf.gif

I hope he gets stuck with it and comes back with one of those assanine re-lists "buyer backed out...." finger.gif

/RantOff
morph
He has 3 negatives with a 93% feedback. He has 3 negatives, and he is calling other people with a negative a looser.

Ebay has its moments, I got a nasty e-mail today from someone who has never bought from us, I am still confused as to why he needed to e-mail us with crap about a product he has never seen nor purchased from us?

HIEDI
skline
I just wouldnt bid on it anymore, if it is the guy shill bidding, he will get stuck with it and have to pay the fees when he backs out of his own deal or give himself negative feedback and file a non paying bidder and then he will relist it. I only bid once and then wait till the end to bid again if I really want it. Homey dont play the games.
jgiroux67
What is shill bidding?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Apr 1 2005, 03:12 AM)
What is shill bidding?

suppose you want to sell something but it doesn't look like you're going to get the price you wanted. you get a friend to bid up the price to 1) increase its perception of value and 2) raise the price.

the shill dates back to the medicine show days, where a successful promoter would seed the audience with a few people to enthusiastically buy the product. no one wants to be the first to fall for the pitch, but once the ice is broken, subsequent sales come more easily.

i have no idea the derivation of the term.
CptTripps
I put my max bid in at eSnipe.com and walk away nowadays. It'll bid it in the last 4 sec and if it's not enough, it's not enough.

I had a buddy that used to have me bid his stuff up all the time. He go to the point that he was paying more for ME to bid, than if he'd just let it go for less...I got sick of it. He's not so much of a buddy anymore.
boxstr
I think this type of bidding is going to be normal for "no reserve" auctions, at least on ebay.
CCLINEBAYORMYWAY
Root_Werks
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Mar 31 2005, 10:59 PM)
He has 3 negatives with a 93% feedback. He has 3 negatives, and he is calling other people with a negative a looser.

Ebay has its moments, I got a nasty e-mail today from someone who has never bought from us, I am still confused as to why he needed to e-mail us with crap about a product he has never seen nor purchased from us?

HIEDI

Quick hijack:

I got the speaker pods, carpet and basket weave material. ALL TOP NOTCH products! smilie_pokal.gif Thanks for the great service too! biggrin.gif

Hijack over. wink.gif
Brando
Many times i've been asked to shill bid on stuff. Seeing as they were items like computers and laptops going for at least $400 each, i didnt accept. I dont want to get stuck with it, nor the fees. Worse yet not pay and get flagged or negative feedback.
anthony
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 31 2005, 11:29 PM)

I hope that this is not anyone's car, but I am utterly pissed at the shill bidding. I had asked for the guy to send me more pix and info for a PPI. No response. I assume that the hell hole is nasty.

But to see the bidding on this makes me want to barf.gif

Why would you want this POS anyway?
chilli
huh.gif might not be shill bidding looks like both bidders do not have much experience and seem to bid as it goes without placing a max bid and waiting to see what happens. they think they would get it cheaper by doing this way.

Ebay like anything else, take a look at what you are trying to buy, price it someplace else and then bid. What you really have to watch out for is the shipping/handling. More and more ebayers are low balling the bid price with high shipping. I have seen shipping costs for $35.00 or so on an item that could be shipped for $7-10.00.

Good Ole BUYER BE WHARE" or something like that.

Have bought and sold a lot of stuff on ebay.

mike driving.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (anthony @ Apr 1 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 31 2005, 11:29 PM)

I hope that this is not anyone's car, but I am utterly pissed at the shill bidding.  I had asked for the guy to send me more pix and info for a PPI.  No response.  I assume that the hell hole is nasty.  

But to see the bidding on this makes me want to  :barf:

Why would you want this POS anyway?

I already have a 73 that's stock and in decent condition. I don't want to mess with it too much. I really want to build a light weight, strip it out to the shell and maybe use it for AX. This seemed like a decent start, if it was, in fact, rust free. Also, I like the Mahles (I think those are Mahles) on there too.

It was an ok deal at $400, but forget it now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.