Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tethered footrest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PancakePorsche
My early car has the tethered footrest. When I have passengers they ask "what the hell is this thing ?" I say: it's footrest for you. They say: how does it work ? I say: I don't really know.

What is the practical position for it ? I sit in the passenger seat and try different positions and I cannot make sense myself. Can someone show a picture of it being used as it should ? I suspect this why many got chucked.
gereed75
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ May 2 2016, 04:21 AM) *

My early car has the tethered footrest. When I have passengers they ask "what the hell is this thing ?" I say: it's footrest for you. They say: how does it work ? I say: I don't really know.

What is the practical position for it ? I sit in the passenger seat and try different positions and I cannot make sense myself. Can someone show a picture of it being used as it should ? I suspect this why many got chucked.

This question is right up there with pyramid building. How do you use it. Whay that shape? It seems so purposely built. What were those pesky Germans thinking? Just screwing with us?

Or is it evidence of ancient aliens?

I suspect if anyone knows, it will be Scotty? He is just twisted enough to figure it out. popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
It just sits flat with the dogbone shape down on the floor to keep it in place with friction from the large surface area + angles of the dogbone, & the inset of the shape keeps your feet in place.

Obviously not a perfect solution coupled with a fixed passenger seat, ergo the `72 upgrade to adjustable seat & shorter floor pan with a filler piece up front.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
McMark
You put your feet on it.

poke.gif
Matty900
I got the chance to really appreciate the genus of its design while riding passenger at Okteenerfest last year. When you are aggressivly going through twisty roads. Your passenger can position their feet on the dog bone to stabilize themselves pretty effectively. Instead feeling like their just being tossed around in the passenger seat.
boxsterfan
It's for your dog's feet. poke.gif
gandalf_025
It did function OK, to help anchor the passenger in the seat.
Adjustable for different height people just by flipping it over
into a different position.
Pretty low tech.. But it did help and was removable very easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.