Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 914 part out.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Papermaker
Guys & Gals--

I'd like to sell the American rims, but for the rest of the car is available. Let me know what you need and for free (or a minimal labor charge) the part is yours (S&H extra). People in central Wisconsin area may want to pick up the whole car.

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Woodside914
The Poor thing!

Not much left, but curious what year is on the VIN?
BK911
How much for the wheels? What size? Looking for something different to put on a bug. Thanks!
Blue6
Wow, if that VIN was 9141--- instead of 471--- I'd be there already and probably give you $100 biggrin.gif ,,,,, can't believe someone doesn't need that early seat and back pad, etc...
Papermaker
Hi Guys--

Sorry Woodside914 and Blue6 the VIN is 4712915409 which I've been told is a MY 1971.

BK911, I'll check the wheel/tire size tomorrow and get back to you. I've seen them mounted on a bug and they looked pretty good and are different.

If I can remove the parts without bloody knuckles, excessive swearing or laying in the in the weeds, brush with the corresponding deer ticks (Lyme's disease) I'll do it!

--Papermaker
malcolm2
what is the deal with the roof overhang? that looks strange to me.
PancakePorsche
Some serious sag ! Car is about to break in half.
euro911
How much for the front deck lid and right front fender laugh.gif

poke.gif

If you haven't already done so, please post the VIN in the database: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins
Papermaker
Mark S--

I've added the VIN to the database. If the front fender can be unbolted with a Sawzall it's yours.

Papermaker
Papermaker
There have been request for parts that require photos.

Trippin, for some reason I have two front valances. If you have the skill, hammer, dolly and a oxy/acetylene torch you could probably fix both (there is a tear on each one). You can have them but based on recent shipping I've done, and without knowing where you live, it will cost you about $40 minimum to ship one USPS or UPS and I'd need about $25 for gas and packaging (I live about 20 minutes from town).

--John

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Quadracerx--

It seems like a lot of work to remove the firewall shift linkage parts. The firewall looks clean but this is a rusty car and who knows what the opposite side looks like. It seems that I'd have to remove the driver's seat and firewall cushion to get to the firewall inside the car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

BK911--

The tire size is; 165 SR 15s. I've been so busy with giving away the free stuff I haven't had a chance to check rim prices. I'll get on it!

--John
Trippin
Thanks for the pics but there a little to rough for me
BK911
I am in no hurry john. Whenever is fine with me.
hndyhrr

could use the pass. side fog light and both the fog light grills if not broken and how much plus shipping to 97502 zip code
Papermaker
BK911--

A
Haven't looked yet but it's on the list.

hndyrr--

I'll check the condition of the fog light grills and the fog light (I have both so I'll send both). I'll also check S&H to your zip and let you know.

--Papermaker
Papermaker
hndyrr--

The grills are not broken and look ok. The fog lights have PATINA. I'll remove and weigh them which will give you some idea of the S&H cost.

--Papermaker
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Papermaker @ May 4 2016, 08:50 AM) *

hndyrr--

The grills are not broken and look ok. The fog lights have PATINA. I'll remove and weigh them which will give you some idea of the S&H cost.

--Papermaker

Thanks, not worried about patina.

Renee
Papermaker
hndyrr--

I have the parts ready to ship. The UPS calculator estimate is $25, I use USPS because they offer 2 day delivery, a tracking number and $50 insurance for $5 more so figure around $30 for shipping. I'd like $25 for S&H and the 40 minute round trip to town.

I'm pretty sure that the grills were not broken but after I turn the bumper over to remove a stubborn screw the grill, which was hanging from the screw, appears to have broken from it's own weight (see photo, bottom of the right grill under the head light opening). My take-away is they must be very fragile! Take a look at the photo and let me know, if you want them.

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Sail panel trims??
Papermaker
Hi 7TPorsh--

Here they are! Both sides have patina, the left side has dentage (see photos).

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carguy987
I'll take the drivers side targa trim piece. Just remove a little nut underneath by reaching inside the wheel well and then just one phillips screw up top. How much?
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Papermaker @ May 5 2016, 07:37 AM) *

hndyrr--

I have the parts ready to ship. The UPS calculator estimate is $25, I use USPS because they offer 2 day delivery, a tracking number and $50 insurance for $5 more so figure around $30 for shipping. I'd like $25 for S&H and the 40 minute round trip to town.

I'm pretty sure that the grills were not broken but after I turn the bumper over to remove a stubborn screw the grill, which was hanging from the screw, appears to have broken from it's own weight (see photo, bottom of the right grill under the head light opening). My take-away is they must be very fragile! Take a look at the photo and let me know, if you want them.

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment

will take it all. so that would be 55 bucks? do you have paypal account
carguy987
How about the front bumper? Is it salvageable? mine were painted black. you think those can be blasted and painted black. Are they pretty straight and no rust thru?
Papermaker
hndyrr--

I PM'd you with PayPal account info. I hope that the parts work for you.

carguy987--

7Tposch asked first about the sail trim first so I'll wait for him to reply, otherwise the driver's side targa trim piece is yours. Can I reach under the fender with the tire mounted to loosen the nut? Wisconsin doesn't have many poisonous creatures but we have Brown Recluse spiders, wish me luck!

I just checked out the front bumper, it is black, it is straight and it isn't close to rusted through, even the bumperettes look good! There is surface rust on the front and back of the bumper.

It weighs 20 lbs. what's your ZIP and city, I'll check shipping costs.

--Papermaker
carguy987
City is Cape Coral Florida. 33991. Ok let me know about cost and sail trim. The drivers one looked good in the pic but the passenger one looks like it had a couple of dents
Papermaker
carguy987--

I checked shipping via USPS. It looks like there are two shipping options, 5 -7 day ground, no tracking number or insurance for $42 or 3 day delivery, tracking number and $50 insurance for $58. Let me know which way you want to ship the bumper. I took a second look at the bumperettes, both have collapsed areas (see photos). I can take them off which would save a little shipping cost.

I'll send a note to 7Tposch and see if he wants the sail trim pieces.

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carguy987
Are the bracket holes o.k. for the bolts? Mine was rusted so bad the bolts broke off in the bracket. I'll go with the 42 shipping. How much do i owe you total? Is PayPal ok?
Papermaker
carguy987--

The brackets and the entire bumper is in good condition with surface rust only. Do you want the bumperettes (they both shows signs of contact in that there are areas that have a wrinkle in the rubber covers)?

7Tporch hasn't answered the sail trim PM and I see that he is active on the board today so it is yours. It is suppose to rain the rest of the week so I might not be able to remove the trim until the weekend.

As it stands I'll wrap the bumper and trim and take it to UPPS to determine the actual shipping cost (should be very close to $42. I'll also need another $25 for S, H and PP costs.

--Papermaker
carguy987
how do you want me to send payment?
Papermaker
Guys--

I've been spending quality time working on the 914. I've decided that it's not as good as it looks!

carguy987--

I tried to get the sail panel trim off but the fastener under the fender is mostly rusted away, but just strong enough that it won't break away. I also noticed that it has a dent on the inside edge of the trim making it iffy so I'm calling it not worth your time (or mine).

I took the bumper down to the Post office and they'll ship it ground (5 - 7 days). It will cost $47. I need $25 for gas, wrapping it, leg work and PayPal. Total cost $72 shipped. I'll send you a PM with payment info.

This is last call on the teener. Mission control has put up with it for many years and her patience is wearing thin. If you want anything else let me know ASAP!

--Papermaker
Papermaker
Guys--

A couple of weeks ago someone asked about the condition of the Targa bar trim so I took the roof off. Yesterday I noticed that there seemed to be a change in the 914's stance. The recycler is going to pick it up this afternoon.

--Papermaker

Click to view attachment
carguy987
Papermaker, on May 6 at 4:45pm I asked you if the bumper brackets were OK because on my bumper the bolts broke off in the bracket and that is why I was buying your bumper. You responded that the bumper and brackets were good only surface rust. Well I can't use the bumper now because both the brackets have bolts broken off in them. worse than mine, only one side is bad on mine. What can we do? I can only attach one photo to this post. I'll send the other side in another post.
carguy987
here is the other side. I'm very disappointed, this has been a total waste. If you had told me or taken a picture the bolts were broken off in the bracket I wouldn't have bought. I think you owe me a refund.
carguy987
PAPERMAKER,
I tried responding to your PM but the reply address does not work it said. Here is my message:

I tried a lot of that stuff on my bumper (PB blaster, heating, drilling, vise grips, etc) that is why I was looking for another. Now the reason I'm upset with you is I specifically asked you how the bracket bolt holes were, and if the bolt holes were OK? You responded yes its in good condition except for the rust. I really feel you misrepresented the part and owe me a refund. This bumper is actually worse than the one I have because the one I have is only broken off on one side and yours is on both. Now I'm sure you don't want a bad reputation on this site and want to continue doing business here, so I would suggest you provide my recommended solution.
euro911
I sent you the PM. Sorry to hear that those methods didn't work for you.
Papermaker
Hey carguy987--

I gave you the bumper!!! I'm sorry that shipping to your address cost money.

It is straight and very solid for a 45 year old bumper. Those were your initial questions. Don't the brackets and the rest of the bumper look as I described them?

Sorry, I didn't notice the broken bolts. I usually don't have too much trouble getting that type of sheared bolt out. I've had very good luck using a MIG or TIG to weld additional metal on to the broken bolt, and then welded a nut to the welded material. I've also used Kroil on them and let them sit a couple of days. I've heated them with a torch, letting it cool and then using easy out style solutions. The worst case basis, I'd just drill them out and tap them for an English bolt. Can any of these solutions work for you?

--Papermaker

PS. I think that my email is working normally.
Kuby
those seats claimed yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.