Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: complete car rewire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Ok who has did a complete car rewire ?how hard was it and what wire harness did you use.I'm thinking about my car that has carbs not FI .Maybe one of those painless kits?? screwy.gif
skline
I think there was a thread on installing the main harness. I will find it and post a link to it.
skline
Yup, found it, its right here
spunone
Thanks Scott now what do you think about any after market wire harness with new relays and such?
Joe Bob
I'm gonna re do Frank...was gonna start this weekend but I'm going to Skline's.....

I bought the generic Painless Wireing Loom...
skline
I dont have any experience what so ever with aftermarket harnesses. Bowlsby makes some nice ones but they are designed after the factory ones. I am sure someone here has worked with the painless wiring kit, hope for the best.
scruz914
I have not done a complete rewire but have performed major replacement of sections. It is really not too difficult and you learn a lot about your car. It helps to remove seats, tanks, cover plates, etc. for easy access. It is important to match original color codes so standard wire diagrams can be used. I have not seen Jeff Bowlsby's harnesses but it sounds like he has put a lot of effort into their quality.

Out of curiosity, why are you replacing the harness?
spunone
I just don't trust some of the old wires in the car .Hate to have elec probs later after the cars all put back togeather.
Type 4
What year is your car? I have a very nice Factory harness never molested with all of the connectors in VGC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.