Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 V8 with Sheridan body kit and 911 suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Stewy07
See ebay add for description of vehicle. Car completly gone through, Running and driving.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121969532264?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
matthepcat
Sold for $16,300. Its amazing what SBC V8 conversions are selling for now...
PotterPorsche
That's was for sale 6k last year in Santa Rosa. All they did was paint it. Lol!!!
matthepcat
And the seller is a bodyshop....so the painting was not $10,000.

smile.gif

QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ May 5 2016, 10:36 AM) *

That's was for sale 6k last year in Santa Rosa. All they did was paint it. Lol!!!

exultant1
The Motor needed to be rebuilt also...they did not mention that.
Stewy07
We Actually went through the entire vehicle ran new brake lines, installed new master cylinder, rebuilt calipers, all new fuel system including filters and pump braided lines, tank professional cleaned an re coated, rewired half of car, new gauges, new carb new manifold new gaskets,new msd ignition. Re wired cooling system and fan, fan relays, new tires reconditioned wheels. new tail lamps, front lamps now raise and lower correctly. Made all custom mounts for body work that was just sitting on the car. including cutting and re-glassing peaces to make them actually fit and line up. Stripped all sheet metal down to bare metal and reworked and finished professionally including jambs. Let alone painting with the actual pigment for liquid metal found on Porsche 918. (extremely expensive paint) Not a single bolt was tight on this car when we got it it was all just a mock up. We have an huge amount of time into this vehicle, and loads of receipts to show for it. But for those forum warriors, who don't know or didn't call us to talk about the vehicle can say, they just painted it. Ok, if that makes you feel better.

And to exultant1. yes buyer and anyone who called on the car is aware that the motor is tired but still runs good and pulls hard. we were driving it back and forth to work 40 mile round trip for weeks.
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(Stewy07 @ May 11 2016, 08:40 AM) *

We Actually went through the entire vehicle ran new brake lines, installed new master cylinder, rebuilt calipers, all new fuel system including filters and pump braided lines, tank professional cleaned an re coated, rewired half of car, new gauges, new carb new manifold new gaskets,new msd ignition. Re wired cooling system and fan, fan relays, new tires reconditioned wheels. new tail lamps, front lamps now raise and lower correctly. Made all custom mounts for body work that was just sitting on the car. including cutting and re-glassing peaces to make them actually fit and line up. Stripped all sheet metal down to bare metal and reworked and finished professionally including jambs. Let alone painting with the actual pigment for liquid metal found on Porsche 918. (extremely expensive paint) Not a single bolt was tight on this car when we got it it was all just a mock up. We have an huge amount of time into this vehicle, and loads of receipts to show for it. But for those forum warriors, who don't know or didn't call us to talk about the vehicle can say, they just painted it. Ok, if that makes you feel better.

And to exultant1. yes buyer and anyone who called on the car is aware that the motor is tired but still runs good and pulls hard. we were driving it back and forth to work 40 mile round trip for weeks.

I love it. Especially the term internet warriors. You don't need to explain why you sold something for more than you paid for it IMHO. It does not matter if you improved it or not as long as the item is accurately described. Just my 2 cents.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ May 11 2016, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Stewy07 @ May 11 2016, 08:40 AM) *

I love it. Especially the term internet warriors. You don't need to explain why you sold something for more than you paid for it IMHO. It does not matter if you improved it or not as long as the item is accurately described. Just my 2 cents.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
matthepcat
No negativity from me. Its great to put effort into a project and sell for more than you purchased for. Sound like a good level of effort put in this car and the buyer is getting a good driver.

Most of us take a big loss!

Cheers,

Matt
ringerdc
Yep. That was my car. I figured it would take about $10k and many hours to sort it out fully. I punted and bought a 2005 boxster S with 50k miles on it for $18.5K. More driving, less wrenching.Click to view attachment
PS...turned out very nice IMHO...kudos to stew and new owner!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.